Throne Of Glass (P)

Title: Throne of Glass

Author: JessieTheMikaelson

Genre: Fantasy

Chapters Read: 1-4

Title & Cover

Now, your title isn't bad. It feels fantasy. I'm not entirely sure how it fits with the story - other than there being some queen involved - but I'm sure it will become clear. But... well, the main issue is that a rather popular book (and series) by Sarah J. Maas is also called Throne of Glass. I'm sure there are other books out there with matching titles and it's probably not a huge problem, but since Maas' Throne of Glass is so well known (even though I've never read it) you might just want to think about that.

On the other hand, the cover is very pretty and I like it xD The title is still fairly clear but super fancy, and the red and gold colours blend really nicely. Definitely got that fantasy feel, too.

Summary

It sort of feels like you've got two separate summaries - the paragraph above your divider and the paragraph below - and neither are quite right. I think I prefer the top one, but both have their own strengths.

The top one flows fairly well and has more of a blurb-like feel. However, it is fairly vague, and that's probably why you felt the need to add in another summary below. But you do introduce key points - Jessica's name, her powers, her newfound freedom. Then in the second paragraph you go a little more into detail, mentioning her kidnapping and her situation with the queen. I don't see why you can't combine both summaries, so that you start off by saying she lived in the mansion and snuck out, then is kidnapped and discovers new powers, and along with that comes the 'fights with demons she could not see' (because I like that bit). Then you can finish it off by mentioning the queen, and how Jessica is determined to survive. If you just merge them both, you can make a summary that really works and is quite hooking.

Oh, and also that final line is cool ('How would someone live while nature itself wanted them dead?') and I do think you should keep it, but currently it's unclear who it's talking about? At first I thought it was talking about Jessica but after reading it would make more sense if it's meaning the queen. Perhaps make that a little more obvious?

It's also a good idea to separate out your summary into at least two or three paragraphs. That final line could have its own paragraph for emphasis, too. It just makes it easier to read and a little more appealing.

All of that combined, you have the makings for a good summary. One final thing, though: most blurbs/summaries tend to be written in present tense, as if the story is happening now, because that way it feels more immersive and perhaps adds tension. Or something like that, anyway, but it reads better in present tense xD So I'd change that too. Otherwise, it seemed like an intriguing plot, with fun fantasy, and I was ready to dive in!