Dream Analyst: Cyprus (CY)[Archive]

(Note: Before you waste your time reading all this, be aware that my queue is currently Closed For Catch Up, and I am not accepting requests. Feel free to come back later!)

Hi, I'm Cyprus (DrizzleTheWolf)! And I'm here to review your story. That's right, YOUR story. I would like to think I know what I'm doing, but like you (most likely), I'm relatively new to writing. So if you're looking for a super-advanced examination of the microscopic seams of your story, check out one of the other reviewers here, otherwise, I'm here to help! Throughout my years as a passionate reader and imaginary book critic (to my friends, of course), I've gained quite a bit of knowledge about reading, knowledge that you may find useful. So submit a form! You never know, a few grammar fixes could make your novel a Wattty winner!

What I focus on during a review:

First Impressions - I will spend a little time explaining your cover: How it makes me feel, and whether or not it inspires me to read your book. Because-as you'll hear from every reviewer here-everyone on Wattpad judges a book by its cover. The blurb is yet another important aspect of any book. Without an interesting preview of the content within, you won't have interested readers. And without readers your book will remain forever invisible (no pressure).

Grammar - Exactly as it sounds. I will focus on the trivial basics of grammar, as well as wording and dialogue. For some, this section may be longer than others, just depending on your writing and grammar knowledge. I'll include plenty of examples from your story as well, so you can actually see what I'm talking about. This may be a separate part of the review, or just suggestions mentioned in each chapter.

Chapter by Chapter In-Depth Review - Before, this section was just a giant block of text that addressed the more complicated matter of your story. Now, it reviews each of the following aspects for each individual chapter: Characters (development, conflict), Chapter Plot, Info-Dumping, Descriptions, Flow, and anything else I think of while reading your story. This will hopefully serve better your actual story, and not just the writing. I will also address any specific issues you ask me to.

Story Development - The final part of the review will focus entirely on your plot (as a whole) and the development. Depending on how many chapters I read, I may or may not be able to gauge much, but I'll try and give you my honest opinion of your story.

*You will receive a score out of 10 on each of the above sections.

Final Notes - You will receive an overall score (not averaged from the previous scores, but what I think the story deserved overall). I will give some final thoughts, a word of encouragement, and any extra advice to help you on your story-writing journey.

Expected Word Count for Reviews: 2000

Story Eligibility:

☆ I will not accept anything Mature. (Let me know if your story is in question)

★ I don't like paranormal or horror stories so I won't accept many of those either... sorry. I'm also not doing poetry anymore, I just don't know enough about it to give you the information you're looking for.

☆ If your story contains graphic violence, excessive swearing, or passionate love scenes, I may choose to only read milder chapters for my review.

Rules and Reminders:

☆ I will review at least 2 story parts for my evaluation, perhaps more if your story truly interests me.

★ Keep in mind that all of my suggestions are simply my opinion, and you should not feel obligated to use them either partially or entirely. But also remember that these suggestions are meant to improve your story.

☆ Please let me know if you have any questions about any portion of your review.

★ I aim to remain polite and humble during your reviews, so please don't be rude if you dislike a suggestion, and let me know if something I say is too harsh. I really don't want to hurt any feelings.

☆ In an effort to improve the quality of my reviews, I aim to complete a review every other week, so please be patient with me.

★ If I do not respond to your request within 72 hours, it means I have humbly declined your request. You can tag me in a reply if you'd like (being sure you spelled my username correctly), but if another day goes by, please don't resubmit a form.

☆ I will not add your name to the queue until you complete the payment, so if another request comes after yours, yet they complete the payment sooner, they will be before you on the queue. Thanks!

★ I will message you shortly before I begin on your review for any updates you'd like to make to your application (because I know the queue is long, and things change), but if you do not reply within 72 hours, I will move your review down the queue! (This is so I don't waste time on reviews for inactive writers.)

☆ In accordance with the last rule, please let me know if you decide you don't want a review. Don't let me waste my time if you don't care.

Payment:

All I require is that you follow me, even if only for the duration of your review (but I'd love a permanent), and you read Chapter 1 (Rewritten) of my novel, More To Family. Please leave one inline comment on your favorite part so that I know you at least glanced at it. You can read more of it if you'd like!

(Please complete payment willingly if you are accepted. It's awkward for me to have to ask, and your review will be delayed. If you opt to complete the payment before you are accepted, be aware that you may not be and your time will have been wasted.)

Form:
★ Your Username:
☆ Book Title:
★ Genre:
☆ Special Focus (Optional):
★ Specific Story Part/Chapter You'd Like Me To Review (Optional):
☆ Tag your comment with my username (@DrizzleTheWolf) so that I'm notified of your request!

Thanks so much for choosing me as a reviewer! And feel free to request again after making some (relatively significant) edits!

Here's my current queue (It will be on hold when it reaches 15, then until it reduces to 5. This gives everyone a chance to save a spot!):

CLOSED FOR CATCH UP

1. Bright Eyes by: _lazarein
2. A Dangerous Case by: LeInkPen
3. Calvin McKay by: ArunikaRaghuvanshi
4. In Our Reverie by: HNWrite
5. Maybe This Is Love by: killerberri
6. The Prince and The Punk by: deargodwhyamihere
7. The Hidden Mark by: BaptistGirl