The Healing Touch (T)

The Healing Touch written by 123poseidon

i. COVER & TITLE

I do like your cover, and I do think it's better than many on Wattpad. However, it doesn't hold that spark of creativity or a professional touch that really draws the eye. I'm not a fan of the way the author's name is hard to see, and the fonts are a little generic. I would recommend working with a designer to dream up a new cover that's even better than what you currently have.

As for your title, I don't have any problems with it. It's interesting, relates perfectly to the story, and works well with the blurb.

ii. BLURB

I have a few problems with your blurb. For one, it's not in the present tense—I would argue that almost all blurbs should be in present tense. It gives the blurb a sense of intrigue and an it's-happening-right-now feeling. In addition, you zoom out of the story and view it as more of an outsider than somebody right there in the story. I would recommend keeping the generality of what you have, but trying to get rid of those two things I mentioned above. Lastly, there's nothing in the blurb that really intrigues me. It's all so generic that I have no real plotline to grasp. Yes, she'll meet new people and go through struggles, but perhaps it's worth defining those struggles or the kind of people she'll meet to give us more insight as to what this story will be about. At this point, I don't find the blurb adequately representing the excitement of your story.

0 8 / 1 5

i

i. PUNCTUATION

#1: THE DASH (:

I know I use the dash too much. I know that. But I do think you use it too little. In fact, there are places where you have grammatically incorrect sentences that would be correct if you implemented the dash. Here's an example: