Baulked From Love (P)

Love:- It is a complex set of emotions, behaviours, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect for another person

Love:- It is a complex set of emotions, behaviours, and beliefs associated with strong feelings of affection, protectiveness, warmth, and respect for another person ...

Is love an emotion or just a word people throw around when they like something a lot. The textbook definition of love is, "an intense feeling of deep affection." But often times we wonder if love is real. Can one truly feel an intense feeling of deep affection forever, or is this feeling only temporary?

Addilyn Fleur thought she loved Axel Connor but, she realised that it was all a bluff...

Torn between rage and hurt, she declares to the heavens that she will never fall in love again. It was like a challenge to the Almighty. Little did she know that the heaven as well as Aphrodite don't like to be challenged !!

Title: Baulked From Love
Author: Synonymous_Boost
Genre: Romance
Chapters Read: Prologue - 1

Title & Cover

It's a good title! Obviously a romance book, and it immediately gets across the idea that our main character doesn't want to be in love.

The cover... is alright. It's got a romance-y feel, and the colours work well together. But I'm not sure what the picture is about? If I look closely, it looks like it might be a wedding ceremony, which would make sense, but that's not immediately obvious. You might want to choose a picture that is clearer and feels relevant.

Furthermore, the small black text of the quote is really hard to read, so I'd make it bigger and brighter. You also should probably make it a little shorter, since taglines for books are usually short and snappy, rather than two full sentences. I do like it though - interesting idea.

Summary

It does work. You clearly get across the main theme of the book - the question of whether love is real - and introduce the conflict of our main character.

But those first two paragraphs feel very repetitive, and don't really draw you in. You could probably cut most of it, and it would still get your point across. However, I do like the final paragraph - it sets up the story really nicely. I'd advise against using the exclamation marks, though.

In fact, I think your summary is so close to being really good, but just needs a bit of rearranging. I'm not the best at them myself, but I thought I'd have a go at tweaking it slightly:

Love. A complex set of emotions, beliefs, and behaviours. An intense feeling of deep affection. But is it real? Can one truly feel that affection forever, or is it only temporary?

Addilyn Fleur thought she loved Axel Connor. But now she realises that it was all a bluff.

Torn between rage and hurt, she declares to the heavens that she will never fall in love again. A challenge to the Almighty. Little did she know that neither heaven nor Aphrodite like to be challenged...