Frenemies By Choice (CY)

Book: Frenemies By Choice

Genre: Teen Fiction

Author: mia_said_what

First Impressions 80/100:

Cover - Put simply, your cover isn't bad, just below amazing! It's very simple, yet attractive, but it still lacks that wow factor to pull readers in. The two "frenemies" on the cover are fine, and I always love a cover that has a character as the focus point because (in my opinion) it makes for a more relevant and interesting cover. With all that being said, what this cover really lacks could perhaps be fixed with a better, more interesting background, something not as simple. The rest of the issues are the cause of your font. The text stretching all the way across the cover looks a little messy. Always try to keep some space from the edges, and the main text "Frenemies" centered. I think it's a great idea to have the "By Choice" offset a little, but be sure the main text is still centered, and just the smaller text is off to the side. (These suggestions are simply to make your cover seem a little neater, and are just my opinion). It think you'd also be better off with a better font for your main text as well, the current just seems kind of meh. Take advantage of every opportunity you have to excite readers, including fonts! Also, your name at the top is way too small! Be proud of your work, and make sure everyone can see just who wrote the masterpiece they're about to dive into. The font is plain, though it works, but your username has some symbols in it which doesn't exactly suit it perfectly. Unless you have a super simple username, remember you could always put a pen name on the cover instead.

Blurb - You pretty much have the same issue with your blurb. It's just too simple. I'm a fan of short, to the point blurbs, yet, they need to have something about the plot to draw readers in. There's not much wow factor, though there's a few questions to cultivate curiosity. I definitely suggest adding more to your blurb, but only important facts, and hints to the main plotline.

Grammar: 85/100

For the most part, your grammar is pretty spot on. There were a few occasions that needed a little work (and I'll address them in just a moment), but for the most part, exceptional job!

Chapter 1 Edits:

Original: Keenan is asking for a suspension, and with the horrid look on our principal's face, there's a high chance he might get one.

Your opening sentence is amazing, and it definitely makes you want to keep reading IMMEDIATELY! It's important to have a strong beginning, which you're already on your way to having. That being said, you also want to introduce your readers to your writing style, which isn't quite perfectly shown in the above paragraph. It's very wordy, which affects a whole bunch of things in the long run if you develop a habit of being wordy. Remember to keep sentences concise, cutting out unimportant words to improve your flow and make it more interesting to read.