Time Of Death (Yin)

Title: Time Of DeathChapter Reviewed: 1, 2Username: RVR_178

Chapter Reviewed: 1, 2
Username: RVR_178

So, this review is actually hard for me to write. This review is harder for me to write than it is harder for you to read.

Because I’m in a HUGE dilemma. And I have to take a deep breath to calm myself. I’m not joking 😂

Let's start.

Title:
Nice. Nothing 'wow' about it, but nice.

Cover:
Good. I like it. You might want to make the title a bit more visible though. Maybe bold it? I can barely read the title. AND the subtitle. I actually realized there's a sub after I've cropped it to the above picture.

Blurb:

I like it

I like it. A lot. It holds a lot of mystery in the words. Though I think the last sentence is grammatically wrong. I might be wrong wrong myself. Maybe adding 'that' before 'are waiting for them' could solve it? I'm not sure. It might be right. I'm still not a fan of the syntax. Especially the use of the semi-colon there.

Miscellaneous:
Let’s start with your A/N. Like others, you have an induction issue. I am truly not a fan of authors who tell people ‘this is not something...’.

And I think you’re making a mistake when you say ‘this is just a book, not a movie yada yada yada'. So because it is JUST a book, you don’t need to show? Just tell? What do you want to prove here again? That you’re trying something new?

So, because you say you want to tell rather than show, I don’t read the ‘Dramatis Personae' chapter. Tell me why this chapter is necessary? Too many words to describe your characters. It would be great if you include the descriptions IN the actual chapters, because your descriptions are amazing. But sad. I just scrolled this non-chapter chapter.

The poetry in the Prelude is actually very good, except I couldn’t appreciate it. Too many ‘death’ echoes in the verse. But for those who knows how to appreciate long, echoing verse like that, it’s a nice piece.