Pride, Prejudice, Action! (T)

Pride, Prejudice, Action! written by shellzels

i. COVER & TITLE

There is one major thing you can do to improve your book's initial impression: Change your cover. I like what it symbolizes, but it's hard to read and doesn't come off professional. Find a designer, and they'll eradicate this problem for you. There are tons in my reading list. Seriously. Do it. Now. Your writing is too good for this cover.

Your title is good...it irks me, though, because I hate exclamation marks. Why? Couldn't tell you. I use like one a year. I prefer italics to indicate expression, but I understand you can't do that here. Honestly, I think most readers will like your title and find interest in it--it's certainly unique. But I just don't vibe with that exclamation mark for whatever reason. Take that with a grain of salt. Anyway, it encompasses what you need to get across.

ii. BLURB

Your blurb reads out exactly like one found in a bookstore. Now, unfortunately...this is not a good thing. 

See, the thing about Wattpad-- we don't have to listen to publishers or anyone who works for them in order to do what we want. Often, published book blurbs aren't even written by the author--and that's why they come out so dull. Truthfully, Wattpad is good for blurbs, because it allows us to get a little funky and unique without caring if that's what statistically sells the most copies. In my experience on Wattpad, the blurb needs to be short, snappy and simple to get attention and keep it. Yours is great, but it lacks the funk. Here's what I've done with it:

Sacrifices are necessary to achieve dreams.

Rose knows this all too well. She gave up a lot-- even love-- to someday get the nursing job that she's been passionate about for years. But when her best friend Tilly convinces her to leave her beloved stable job in her hometown of Auckland, New Zealand, Rose is forced out of her comfort zone. Surprisingly, things end up looking rather good in England, where Rose is offered a once-in-a-lifetime job on the set of her favourite movie, Pride and Prejudice.

As excited as Rose was to meet the famous leading man playing Mr. Darcy-- dark and way-too-handsome Ethan Dashwood-- she's disappointed to find that his obnoxious and rude attitude is hard to stand. In conclusion, she hates him.

But the thing is, first impressions aren't always reliable.

This blurb has a little more oomph to it-- created mostly by the first and last one-liners (you already had the ending one, so that's awesome). It's a tad bit shorter and a little more organized, but like I said before, your original blurb was great. I would just recommend implementing a better hook and a slightly more unique tone. I would also add just a bit more about Ethan and maybe hint into what might become more deeper about him later on--just to peak interest.