Maybe this is love, (T)

Maybe This Is Love, written by killerberri

i. COVER & TITLE

Your cover is good, but it's just good. There's not really anything overly unique or exciting about it, but it does fit the genre. I would recommend sending your pictures and the star font to a graphic designer (I have a reading list full of them) and see what they can do for you.

The title is unique because of the comma, but I'm still not sure why that's there. Otherwise, the title is decently unique, but it does contain a lot of common words. It might be a good idea to brainstorm more unique titles just to help you stick out.

ii. BLURB

Your blurb is very long and contains a lot of ellipses. In addition, it lacks the essential organization that satisfies readers. I think you should focus on the over-arching concept of the book. Since I wasn't entirely sure what that was, I sort of just made up what I assumed it was going to be. So my recommendation might have to be adjusted a bit.

Can it ever be love if we refuse to call it that?

Parker wanted to finish sixth form and travel to Italy to attend the best fine art university in the world. He has plans to avoid love at all costs--he won't admit it, but he's simply afraid.

And Hayley-Blair is still dealing with the death of her father after four desperate years. She planned to keep quiet.

As it turns out, neither's life will go according to plan.

This blurb is more organized, and it works better with the dynamic of your book, I think. You could keep the excerpt in the ending, but I wouldn't. I don't think it adds too much.

0 8 / 1 5

i

i. COMMAS

Important definitions: