Crying Lightning

-30th June-

*Norah POV*

I had arrived at Matty's parents' house in Scotland. We drove through a bad storm, so when we got in and the fireplace was on and they handed me a hot chocolate, I knew we would get along well.

We were sat talking to eachother, as the fire crackled in the background.

"We have never actually met a girlfriend of Matt, but we know he's had them...bear that in mind honey", his mum smiled at me.

"Well, we saw him snog that poor lass's face off outside of the party when he was 15 and smashed", his dad chortled. "whoever that was."

"Just like you aren't I Dad?", Matt laughed.

I giggled as they told me more stories from him growing up. But my phone was ringing and a photo of me and Luke popped up on my screen.

"Urm, I'm sorry I will be one second", I said and scurried out of the room and answered the phone.

"Norah?", he spoke quietly

"What's wrong Luke?", I asked.

"How is it going with Matt's parents?", he giggled

"Luke are you a little bit smashed?", I laughed

"Just a little bit, but I'm alright", he continued giggling, "seriously answer my question"

"Yes it's going really well, but you aren't helping me by keeping me on the phone-I'm hiding in their bathroom to talk to you", I said

"aw how lovely is tha-"

"Hiya Norah!!!", Ashton screamed down the phone

"Jesus christ, hi Ashton!", I jumped in fright.
"We went to Venice Beach today because we all miss you!", Ashton said
"Aw I miss you too baby", I laughed, "can't wait until you get back to England for a while"
"We are only there for about two months, then we are visiting home for a few weeks", he said
"You should come!", Luke said quickly, "all of you! You, Charlotte and Matty"
"Oh I don't know Luke, I mean I have enough money saved from when I was growing up...I don't know if you are just inviting us for the sake of it", I said.
"Nor I've only had a few beers, I'm enjoying myself but I know what I'm doing", he insisted, "....please come?"

"Norah?!", Matty was calling me from his room and I could hear him walk across the hall to his parents room where I was, "Norah?"
"...alright, thank you Luke. I'll call you in the morning, I'll talk to Matt about it to see if he has anything planned for the next few weeks so we can come and visit-but we aren't booking anything until at least a week after I get back from Scotland", I said as Matt walked in.
He looked at me in disappointment and sighed.
"Are you on the phone to Luke again?", he asked
"Him and Ashton were just hanging out so they called and invited me you and Charlotte to Australia", I said
"Australia?!", he asked in shock, "you've just come back from LA"
"I know but this is after they're in England for two months. They are busy lads!", I tried to argue
"It doesn't mean you have to follow them everywhere. I get that you are friends but I don't see my friends from Scotland for months and I get on with it and don't come home just to see them all the time!", he snapped, he saw that I looked upset and tried to calm me down, "...do you see where I'm coming from?"
"Yes, but I'm not going to turn down a trip to Australia!", I explained
"No, of course not", he smiled, "...I've always wanted to go", and he pulled my arm so that I was stood up facing him.
"Our first trip together will be Australia? That's so weird", he laughed
"Technically we went to Manchester on a night out once with everyone from uni and I went back to your room with you- does that count?", I said seriously
"...I would count it", he laughed and kissed me.
The gang is going Down Under!