Coming Up Easy

*31st May, 7:16am*
-Norah POV-

I woke up really early, and decided to take a swim in the pool while it was cold. The humidity of Los Angeles always hit me during the night and to wake up and have a dip in the pool was amazing. The alcohol was still in my system from the night before and I wasn't even thinking as I was swimming. Before LA, I hadn't felt as relaxed as I felt in such a long time.
After about half an hour, I saw Luke came outside and sat on the side of the pool.
"Good morning Luke!", I smiled and swam near to him.
"Hi...", he groaned
"Are you feeling a bit rough?", I giggled
"Yes I am! Why are you actually awake? I just came down for a glass of water", he asked in shock
"I never sleep well after a night out, I always wake up early, and listen to music, then go back to sleep", I said, "but I really fancied a swim today"
"That's nice", he smiled, "...by the way! Jack and Alex are coming over today, is that okay?"
"...erm yes of course it is! I assumed you mean Jack Barakat and Alex Gaskarth?", I said
"Yes I do", he giggled, "you have met before haven't you?"
"Yeah at your leaving party!", I said
"Well, we forgot to tell you that Alex is getting married tomorrow!", he cringed slightly.
"Oh my god that's so great for him! Are you going?", I said.
"Yes", he said slowly then laughed, "sorry it's short notice for you guys and what you're going to do, but we were only invited the other day! They are getting married before he goes on a world tour, and they organised it within like a couple of weeks", he said.
"aw really?! That will be lovely, and he's coming over?", I asked
"Yeah, but they aren't feeling too great either because they were celebrating them finishing their album", he said, "so it will be just water for all of us"
"That's what we all need", I smiled and rested my arms on the side of the pool, "I can't wait to see them again!"
"They said how cool you were after the leaving party", he smiled.
"Well they were drunk enough!", I rested my head on my arms and laughed.
"I know...they are good lads", he laughed, "Nor I'm going back to sleep, and you probably should as well. You're probably still drunk"
"I am a little bit", I laughed, "but I think I'm going to get some food in for us all"
"Cheers Norah, do you need any help at the shop?", he stood up.
"No, go back to sleep Luke", I pinched his cheek, "you look tired babe"
"I am", he giggled, "see you soon Nor"
"Bye Luke!", I grinned.
"...Norah?", he turned back to me
"What is it?", I smiled
"I'm sorry about last night, I don't know what came over me", he avoided eye contact with me.
"...it's fine, I needed it- trust me", I told him, "it really knocked some sense into me"
"As long as we are alright?", he smiled and walked back into the house.

*4 hours later*
Everyone was awake, reluctantly, and ready to see Alex and Jack. I only had a few hours sleep but I was coping quite well and I was excited to see them again.
I was sat on the sofa eating carrots with Ashton, and the doorbell rang. Michael ran downstairs to answer the door, and embraced them both.
"Hey!", they all screamed at each other, and they walked into the living room where we were sat.
"Norah, hi!", Alex beamed and I stood up to hug him.
"Hiya Alex! How are you?", I said.
"Good, yeah", he smiled and moved to greet Ashton, "are you okay Norah?"
"Good thanks!", I tried to say while Jack was squeezing me tightly, "good to see you too Jack"
"Hi Norah!", he shook my whole body in the hug.
Everyone came down to greet them, and they all looked really happy to see each other- they were genuinely friends.
After an hour, I realised I never said congratulations about Alex's wedding.
"By the way Alex, congratulations! Luke told me about the wedding, I'm so happy for you", I smiled
"Aw thanks!", he glanced at Luke and smirked, "it was a last minute decision but I'm really excited. Hey, are you and Charlotte in town for the day? You should totally come"
".....oh Alex, it's your wedding! Are you sure?", Charlotte said
"No it will be really fun! Honestly, I wouldn't have said anything if I didn't want you guys there", he said
"...Yeah alright! Thank you so much! This will be so much fun", I said.
"I mean, you know me Norah, I'm going to be sober for the whole night", Jack joked
"Oh yeah same, you don't need alcohol to have fun at weddings do you?", I joked as well.
"Alex- we have to go dude, sorry about the drop by visit guys", Jack got up to hug everyone.
"It's alright Jack, thanks for coming, and I'll see you tomorrow", Calum said
"Yeah, see you then everyone!", they smiled and left the house.
"Aw the guys are brilliant, it was nice of him to invite you two", Ashton said
"I know, I wasn't expecting that!", Charlotte said, "Norah, do you fancy going looking for something to wear for it now?"
"Yes, let's go Charlotte!", I jumped from my seat, "does any one fancy coming?"
"Yes I will come", Ashton smiled, "I need trousers...everyone else is sorted. Plus if we all went out together we would be recognised more, and I don't want to be recognised with Calum's girlfriend because people might think it's weird...it's not weird but you know the media"
"I know, it's shit isn't it?", Charlotte said, "bye boys! see you in a bit"
"Bye Nor, bye Charlotte", they all shouted.
Ashton drove us to the nearest 'mall', as Americans call them, just to have a look at something to wear. We both brought something kind of fancy to LA, but we didn't realise we were going to go to a wedding.

*2 hours later*

We had a really cute day out with Ashton. I had picked a blue, halter neck maxi dress with a red tie dye pattern on. Charlotte bought a yellow, mid length, strapless dress. And Ashton found the trousers he wanted. We stopped at a stall to buy some lemonade to cool down.

"I never asked, how are things with Naomi?", he asked

"I didn't speak to her after her little outburst last night, and I didn't really want to!", I exclaimed

"Fair enough, I hope it's not weird tomorrow", Ashton said, "she is ridiculous sometimes, especially after a few drinks, there was absolutely no need for it. I know I laughed, but it was only because I was so uncomfortable...I'm not going to lie to you guys, because you are Norah and Charlotte, but I don't like her at all"

Charlotte suddenly turned and stared at me, then rolled her eyes.
"...is it not weird how none of you like her, but you have to spend so much time with her?", Charlotte asked.

"Normally, she doesn't cause drama involving anyone else, she just sometimes starts fights with Michael for no reason", Ashton explained, "She has never done anything to me personally, but she doesn't treat Michael well, so I feel weird around her. He never fights back, he doesn't want to. I just don't have a great relationship with her like I should."

"I know, Cal feels the same doesn't he?", I said and turned to see Charlotte nodding, "let's just see what happens tomorrow?"

Ashton shrugged, then stood up and smirked.