High Hopes

-11:13pm-

"Norah, quickly use this deodorant... and perfume they will be here soon!", Charlotte shouted at me through the toilet door.

"I know, I know, give me a second I was so warm!", I replied. We were in the bar waiting for the boys, but we realised that we looked like pure shit, so we ran into the toilets before we ordered our drinks. It was the same bar from last night, because we all knew where it was, and it was easier for everyone if we just went to the same one again.

"One bottle of white wine please!", Charlotte asked the barman.

"Two glasses?", he asked with a wink.

"Yeah, but the second one is for me- sorry!", we both laughed, and the bar man looked slightly disappointed that he didn't pull Charlotte because of me, despite the fact that he was gorgeous. But we had to focus on what we were doing here- to see the boys again. The show was so incredible that I bet that they would have wanted to celebrate tonight. It was their first show in the UK, and Twitter blew up because of how amazing it was and the fact that they played so many of their old songs, as well as new ones.

"I need a glass before I see Calum", she mumbled.

"What was that?!", I laughed

"...what?"

"Are you nervous about specifically seeing Calum?", I giggled

"I didn't realise I said that out loud", she sulked, "...I don't know, a little bit. He was just so nice last night, I would love to get to know him more"

"Well, Luke has just said that they are nearly here", I smiled, "so I hope tha-"

"CHARLOTTE AND NORAH!", I heard Ashton in my ear, "thanks for coming tonight"

"It was our pleasure, thanks for performing how you performed", Charlotte said.

"Seriously lads, it was amazing", I said.

"I can't believe you actually say 'lads'", Michael laughed, "but thank you"

"We have the rest of the tour to go now!", Calum added.

"...oh yeah! We have Manchester tickets and I'm not sure if I can go but I think Norah's mum wants to go", Charlotte laughed

"Hell yeah!", Ashton smiled, "we'll meet up afterwards"

"That sounds like such a good plan! You have better be incredible, especially if my mum is there", I laughed

"You said that she has very good taste in music, didn't you?", Luke said

"Yeah she's my influence on my music taste", I nodded with a smile, "not my Dad though, he likes Nelly Furtado and The Eagles"

"Fair enough... who was your first band that you liked then?", Michael asked us

"Personally, Red Hot Chili Peppers or Biffy Clyro or Foo Fighters, I can't remember which one came first because my mum was obsessed with all of them", I said.

"I think mine was Green Day or Paramore?", she said

"...you are our kind of people", Calum laughed. We sat and talked for a couple of hours until the bar had to close.

"Do you fancy coming back to the hotel bar?", Luke asked. Charlotte and I smiled at each other, but then we both realised that we had to be awake early the next morning and we looked gutted.

"Oh shit, you have to go back don't you?!", Ashton said to me.

"Yeah, I have to be back by 2... And it's a bit of a drive and it's like 2am now", I explained, "I'm sorry for being a half sesh, but I know you understand", and I pulled them all in for a hug and I kept them all close for a while.

"What the fuck is a half sesh?", Calum laughed.

"You know... Doing half a session of drinking or going out"

"Oh.... Well we will text you or ring you or whatever- see you in Manchester!", Michael said and they all waved us off into our taxi.

"Back to the hotel bar?!", Charlotte screamed.

"I know! Charlotte... Are we becoming friends with these people?"

"I don't know, but I fucking hope so!"