Beside You

*April 16th, 8:31pm*

-Calum POV-

It's been over a month since we left for America. We had got so much done while we were there and I had so much fun seeing all our friends in LA! But there wasn't a moment when I didn't think about Charlotte. This amount of time apart made me realise how much I loved her, and I don't think that she knew how much I appreciated her.

I was sulking in my room, and Michael came in to speak to me. He was surprised to see me looking upset, because normally I smile about everything, so he knew as soon as he saw me, why I was upset.

"I know that it's hard mate...", he said, "let's get them over to visit!"

"Oh my god, yes we should!", I beamed, "when should I set it up for?"

"Norah's birthday!", he realised, "30th of May would be perfect, she's isn't at university, so Charlotte isn't either"
"Should we keep it as a surprise?", I asked excitedly.
"Yeah!", he smiled, "I can't wait to see Norah's face..."
I gave him a look as if to say 'really?', but then he got a bit flustered.
"No I meant when she finds out she's coming to see us!", he quickly added. I held my hand up, wanting him to stop talking.
"Let's just book it now and not tell them!", I interrupted him.
"..yeah let's just do it", he said and answered his phone, "hi Naomi!"
Her timing was ridiculous....
Naomi was actually really cool and we could all have a laugh with her. I wasn't really surprised when I met her, because she matches Michael's normal type of girl. Normally, Michael likes small, cute girls, with big eyes and long hair, which is exactly what Naomi is. But, she had quite a dominating personality over Michael. She seemed to actually fit in really well with everyone else and they seemed to really like each other, so I'm happy for them. I think Michael secretly wanted a more dominating personality, to prevent him from being too stupid.

-Norah POV-
I was sat with Charlotte, and Ashton called me on FaceTime. He was wearing a thick black headband and his golden curls were quite wild.
"Hiya gorgeous!", we smiled to him.
"Hi girls", he sweetly giggled, "we miss you!"
"So do we!", I said, "how is everything?"
"Really good!", he started, "we have done so much work towards the album today, like I've just got back from a photo shoot"
"How are the girls over there?", Charlotte asked, "because obviously I can't ask Calum when I talk to him"
"Yeah", he laughed, "everyone is cool...I'm doing alright over here"
"Really?! Fill us in mate...", I said
"Well we are going out, and you meet a lot of people when you're out", he teasingly said.
"How many times have you got laid so far?", Charlotte bluntly asked.
"Oh my god, Charlotte!", he laughed, "...about four girls?", he finally admitted.
"in one month? I didn't realise you were that kind of guy", I asked in shock,
"Not normally!", he blushed, "but I'm going to calm down now"
"You know me, Ash, I'm all about having fun", Charlotte said, "but don't just spend all your time going out, and don't spend all your time in the studio. You have to find a balance when you can appreciate the city during the day as well"
"I agree!", he said, "it's because I haven't been here in a while, I want to get used to it first"
"Don't pull anyone too fit", Charlotte joked, "we will always be here for you darling"
"Even though you're with my best friend?", he carried on the joke
"I love Calum but you will always have a special place in my heart Ashton", she laughed. I heard a scream through the phone and Ashton jumped due to the shock. He looked up and I could hear Luke mumble something to him, so we screamed his name.
"Hi girls!", he smiled, "sorry but we have to go"
"Why, what's up?", I asked. They both blanked me and hung up the call as they waved to us.
I didn't even want to question what they were doing because I was too busy listening to their music. Their song Beside You came on and I nearly burst into tears over them. I had heard this song a million times before, but I could finally understand what they were going through. Obviously the lyrics are about missing someone romantically, but it was still as hard to not to be able to see your best friends all the time and knowing that they aren't an hour away from me, and when you see them, it's at a shitty time.
I was going struggle until July if this was how I was reacting within the first month.

Everything I Didn't Sayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें