Machines

*October 31st, 12:18am*

-Calum POV-

Charlotte told me that she was in Birmingham visiting Norah so she called me on FaceTime to catch up. We had just arrived in France to play a few shows, and it was the start of our tour of Europe. However, I had been drinking all day with the boys and I wanted to seem calm and cool to her, so I went into a different room so that the boys couldn't interrupt.

Stupidly, I've started to like Charlotte- quite a lot. She was the most incredible girl and I loved talking to her, she was gorgeous. Sometimes I hate the way my life is, you have to rely so much on Skype and FaceTime to even see anyone you care about, but it did make you appreciate the time you have with people more. In my lifestyle, you meet a lot of girls, whether they are lovely and cool, or gorgeous and stuck up, but Charlotte stood out to me. She was comfortable in her own skin, she liked a lot of the same things I did, and she was so much fun.

"Cal!", she smiled through the phone, "hi! Is everything okay?", she asked.

"Good thanks, how is everything in England?", I asked

"Great, cheers. Obviously not as nice as France, but what am I supposed to do about that?!", she laughed, "what's it like there?"

"It's fine, the hotel is good, and the fans have been cool", I said, but I was interrupted by a huge amount of laughter, "can I hear Norah in the background?"

"Yeah you can, she can't stop laughing at this episode of Flight Of The Conchords"

"Oh my god does she watch that?!", Michael burst into the room and sat next to me.

"Hi Calum, hi Michael!", she came over to the phone and smiled at us, "sorry I will go in my room if you want", she said to me with a smile.

"No it's fine", I sighed and Ashton and Luke took this as a sign to walk in the room and sit next to us as well.

"Hi!", they both smiled to Norah and Charlotte. We had all had a few drinks for Halloween and by the time that we spoke to the girls, we must have seemed a bit hyper to them. But we still maintained a conversation and I didn't think they realised, until I was about to hang up after all the boys went to sleep, and Norah went to sleep as well. Me and Charlotte talked for a while, just together, and it was really special. I was just acting a bit daft with her considering I was slightly pissed.

"Cal, I'm going to sleep now, but make sure you and the boys drink some water before you go to sleep", she laughed, "sleep well darling!"

"Night beautiful", it slipped out of me but she just laughed it off and hung up on me. I hope that she realised that I genuinely meant what I said, even though I was drunk! I've never really felt this way about a girl before. Clearly I have had situations with girls before and I have been with a few girls, but Charlotte was different. I wanted to get to know her more than anyone, before I even tried anything with her. I knew that I had to wait because we all had a close friendship so if I moved too quickly with her, it might jeopardise the whole friendship between everyone. Hopefully, I thought that the next time I see her, things would progress a bit more.

-Charlotte POV-
As soon as I hung up the phone, I could feel myself absolutely beaming with happiness, but I didn't think Norah heard what Calum said. Clearly, he was drunk, but I only realised he had been drinking when the other boys came in. Calum was calm and talking to me like he normally does in phone conversations, but then he said that out of absolutely nowhere.

"...when are you and Calum going to have sex?", Norah asked really seriously then burst out laughing.

"What?! Where did that come from?!", I asked in shock, because I thought she was asleep.

"Well, you call him more than the others, or any other boy I've ever seen you with. You look happy, I'm guessing from when he said 'night beautiful', and, I'm not trying to be funny, but you're all over each other, all three times we've met up with them", she listed to me.

"Norah you have to remember that this is fucking Calum Hood that we are talking about"

"I know, we've dreamt about this for years, but you get on so well and he seems to really like you"

"...I don't want to sound like such a girl here, but what do you mean?", I laughed

"You're always giggling together and you make fun of each other, which shows a lot in my opinion"

"The worse things you say about someone, the better you are friends with them", I laughed, "you're a fucking twat Norah"

"Night shitface", she said and went back to sleep.

I laid awake for a while, imagining if me and Calum ever got together. He was such a special guy and I loved talking to him, plus I was so attracted to him. I shook my head trying to stop thinking about him and drifted off to sleep.

We wouldn't see them all for another month, but that didn't stop me dreaming about Calum.