Six Feet Under The Stars

*January 25th- 3:46pm*
-Norah POV-

It's been over a month since I last saw the boys, but I was so happy for them to go back home for a while, especially for Christmas. We discussed over FaceTime one night, that normally we don't drink as much, unless we are with each other.
It was Calum's birthday! We agreed on no presents but I saw one of them beer hats where they hold cans either side and a huge straw comes down into the mouth- and I had to get it.
I knew that Charlotte told her parents about Calum, after a few drinks on Christmas Day, even though that they aren't technically seeing each other. But Calum mentioned to me a few weeks ago about officially asking her out. Obviously I didn't tell Charlotte because I wanted it to be a surprise for her, even though it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do.
"Happy Birthday Calum!", I shouted as I let myself into their house. I had drove down with a few friends, but they just went out in London together, and I said that I had to go to the house before I go out and I'd meet up with them later.
"Thanks Norah!", he grinned and hugged me.
"I know that we all said no presents because of tonight... But think of this as Christmas/birthday all in one", I said as I plonked the hat on top of his head.
"What the fuck? Oh my god, this is amazing!", he beamed with happiness, "and you've already put two cans of Foster's in, ready for me!"
"I'm so happy you like it!"
"Come in, we'll all chill out for a while!", Luke led me to the sofa.
"How was the drive down?", Charlotte asked me.
"It was alright, I had Becky, Matty, Nick and Emma in the car with me...", I stretched my arms and yawned, still tired from the journey.
"Are they in London now?"
"Yeah they went to their hotel, and they're going out tonight"
"Is this that Matty again?!", Ashton opened his mouth in complete shock, "this is the most I've ever heard about a boy from you, except when we talk about James McAvoy or Simon Neil...and they're hardly boys"
"Both Scottish as well", Michael rolled his eyes.
"You know I love the accent!", I tried to justify myself, "but Matty is just a guy I hang around with, I love him, he's really cool"
"So, why not?", Calum asked
"He doesn't like me that way"
"...all girls think that when it's so obvious that they do like them!", Ashton explained, "I know that girls expect guys to make it a hundred percent clear that we're interested"
"It's true...", Charlotte sighed
"If you saw him, you would know how much he's out of my league, and every girl at uni is in love with him"
"It's true...", she sighed again. Calum scoffed at her comment, but his face stayed quite straight whenever Charlotte brought up boys to him, whether they were celebrity or normal.
"He's Scottish as well", I pouted my bottom lip.
"I can't believe you haven't jumped on him yet!", Ashton laughed, "he seems like everything you want from a guy"
"Well, I clearly don't want to go out with him, simply because he's Scottish"
"So you DO want to go out with him?!", Luke pointed out.
"Well, yeah! Of course I do, but I'm not"
"Australian guys are better", Luke smirked and Ashton caught my eye, who was shoving Doritos in his face as he said it, which made us all laugh.
"Norah, you can have me any day", he mumbled with a mouth full of food.
"That's made my day, thank you Ashton", I said sarcastically.

-Michael POV-
I loved just sitting here with Norah. She was such a nice girl, and she cared about everyone of us. Then again, it sounds cheesy, but every time I saw her, I wanted to grab her face, kiss her and rip her clothes off.
I had to snap out of thinking about her like that. Sure we had moments together, when I thought that we could end up being something, but it always ended in a friendly way. I was grateful to be her friend, but it's not what I wanted. I thought that she felt the same about me but because she's so relaxed, I could never actually tell how she felt; which was so annoying. When the moment was right, I definitely planned on saying something to her.
I noticed Luke from across the room watching her sing along to me playing the guitar, and he looked so content and happy. Then I thought-Luke must like Norah!
He was my best friend, and I only just realised this. He had never said anything to me, but the more I watched him, watch her, everything slowly clicked into place. That's why he always used to beg them to stay for a drink when he knew they had to leave, and he even invited Norah back to the hotel bar! I hated to think that I was standing in the way of him, he seemed to feel a lot stronger about her than I did- I knew I had to ask him how he felt about her at some point. And I knew I had to be the person who asks him, because he is really quiet when it comes to stuff like this, and struggles to admit whether he likes a girl or not.

-Norah POV-
Throughout, Michael was plucking chords on his guitar and gently humming next to me. I recognised I all of the songs and I nudged him and smiled, when he started to sing a Biffy Clyro song.
"Are you enjoying my gorgeous rendition of Folding Stars?", he cheekily asked me.
"You actually sound very good", I laughed, "I'm not joking"
"You sing, don't you Norah?"
"Yeah, but I'm nothing special"
"Everyone thinks that about their own voice"
"No I know, but I'm genuinely not, I don't have a tone or big range- or anything like that. I just sound normal"
"I've heard you sing before, and you are good, and I think because you don't have a tone, it makes you sound more real", he smirked, "I know that it sounds cringey-"
"When did you hear me sing?"
"I never told you, but me and Luke found them YouTube videos you used to do", he giggled
"Oh my god!! With like 40 views on my cover of the Killers- I was so happy"
"How old were you?"
"Like 14/15?"
Michael smiled and started to play When You Were Young by the Killers to mock me. Charlotte smirked at me from across the room, because she remembered me making the videos of me singing that, instead of doing homework.
"You sit there in your...heartache", he sang in a Russian accent, and we went around the room singing in different accents.
"Calum, your Irish accent is so shit", I laughed
"I know! But all the good accents were taken"
"He doesn't look a thing like Jesus", Luke sang in a slightly better Irish accent, and I harmonised in an Essex accent.
"People in magazines think we are quite rock and roll, but this is literally how we spend our days", Ashton laughed, "oh crap, we are going out tonight aren't we?"
"Shit!", Michael realised, "I better shower, since I fucking reek".
And on that note, me and Charlotte went upstairs to quickly throw clothes and makeup on. I never really wore proper makeup but Charlotte was so good at it, so it was really useful before a night out.
"I can't believe you and Calum still aren't official", I said, as Charlotte was penciling in my eyeliner.
"I know, but I'll speak to him after today, because I don't want to pressure him or anything on his birthday"
"It's fair enough, but you should know where you stand with a guy" I said and she just shrugged and I went to put on my outfit, which was a high-waisted maxi skirt, a crop top camisole and a black hat.
"Let's just go out tonight, and enjoy it for what it is!", she smiled and rolled her eyes.
I could tell that she was starting to get frustrated with Calum, but I knew that deep down, she understood that it would be hard to be serious soon, because of how demanding their job is.