If You Don't Know

*January 25th, night out*
-Norah POV-

We started the night in a pub, and we all ordered some chips and nachos before the night officially began. It was amazing to see them all again after a while, and it was so special to me to speak to Michael again. He gently nudged me and smiled at me.
"Is everything alright Nor?", he asked, "I think we lost you for a second there"
"Yeah I'm fine Michael, I was just enjoying my nachos", I smiled.
"You look really pretty tonight", he whispered and smiled at me.
"Really?", I blushed, "thanks, you look great yourself"
He really did. He had kept his blonde hair since I met him, and he knew how much I loved his hair blonde; I was constantly telling him how nice it is. He was wearing his Jimi Hendrix shirt, with his regular black skinny jeans.
We sat and laughed for another hour or so, and eventually, we could see everyone else wanting to move on to the next bar.
"You know what, guys? Head over to the bar near the club, and we will meet you there in a bit", he told them.
"Alright Mikey, text me when you set off", Luke shrugged and they walked out. Charlotte glanced at me and beamed with happiness, and I just raised my eyebrows at her.
"She's so weird...", I grumbled, and Michael looked up at me.
"She's great though isn't she?", he smiled.
"Michael can I ask you a question?", I quietly asked him randomly.
"Anything Nor, what's up?", his eyes lit up and he looked quite worried.
"...sorry I'm not used to this", I stuttered and laughed.
"Is this about that Matty guy?", he frowned.
"...what? No!", I exclaimed in shock
"No Norah it's alright, we are close enough so we can talk about stuff like this if you need to", he sighed.
"Michael, seriously you do-", I was interrupted by him again.
"If you're not sure what is happening between you two, wait until you are closer and act exactly like you are with him now. Then wait for him to ask you, because if you ask him when you're not sure, your friendship might be ruined after, and you guys live together so it's important for you and your roomates, to wait until you establish more of a friendship before you confess things", he said.
My heart was sinking, he was giving me advice over Matty when I wanted to ask him if he liked me. But the things he was telling me made complete sense; in the context of me and Michael. We had a really tight-knit friendship group and if we ruined that in any way, everything would change with everyone around them. It was different with Calum and Charlotte because they have felt that way about each other since they met. Whereas, I have made a close friendship with Michael. But it changed, I wasn't talking to him in a friendly way, yet he was. I knew I couldn't just confess everything to him on Calum's birthday, and I didn't want to ruin the night in any way. Plus, all I imagined was Michael rejecting me, and I would rather save our friendship and attempt to repress my feelings, than embarrassing myself and preventing any kind of real friendship building.
"Okay Mikey", I sighed, "thank you, I'll take that on board", I laughed.
"I love you Norah", he sighed and pulled me in for a hug.
"...I love you too darling", I smiled
"Is that all you wanted to ask me?", he whispered.
"Yes, that's fine...", I sighed.