Thats What You Get

-Norah POV-

I could see the cute smile, that he used to do with me, on his face, as she was whispering in his ear. I can't believe that I didn't realise that he liked me, I must have seemed like I was leading him on, because of how I acted around him, but never doing anything about it. I always just assumed that he didn't like me back in the same way.

I quickly turned to face Ashton and Luke again, hoping that they would have helped me with this situation, because I had already shouted Michael's name, and I knew that he heard me. Michael turned and saw me facing Luke and Ashton and walked towards me after that girl had finished with him.

"Norah?", he touched my shoulder to turn me back towards him, but he scared me and I jumped.

"Jesus Christ!", I screamed whilst the other boys were laughing.

"Calm down, it's me", he was laughing really hard, "I just saw Calum, and I think he's ready for bed... And judging from how much they are laughing, I think Luke and Ash are as well"

"Yeah I'm ready to go now", I sighed, "so who was that?", I cheekily asked, trying not to sound like a jealous bitch.

"Wh-...oh that was Naomi", he smiled, "we met in LA a while ago"

"Is she a friend or?..."

"Well we had a bit of a thing, and I haven't seen her since! And basically she just gave me her number...", he looked at me with guilt, but then started to smile again, "I quite like her"

"That's a good thing isn't it?", I said, completely holding back what I really felt, he seemed happy that he saw her.

"...yeah, she's a cool girl", he looked away from me and smiled, "come on let's get everyone together so we can go"

We found Calum and Charlotte in the middle of the dance floor dancing to The Strokes, and then Can't Stop by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so we all joined in for the rest of the song and left the club on a high.

"Sorry!", Luke laughed when he accidentally leant on me when the taxi turned a corner, "are you alright?"

"Yes...I'll look after you when we get in", I laughed and stroked his arm with sympathy, "why would I not be alright?"

He nodded over in Michael's direction and he was texting someone- I assumed it was Naomi.

"I should have said something earlier", I whispered and sighed, "it doesn't matter- he seems happy"

Charlotte and Calum both looked at me with pity, realising what I was talking about.

We arrived at the house, and Charlotte crawled into bed, the second Ashton unlocked the door.

"I think I'm going to do the same, night everyone!", Michael said, and both Calum and Ashton followed him upstairs.

"Night Michael!", I smiled as I made myself a hot chocolate, and a glass of water for Luke. I was still so angry with myself, I couldn't believe how annoyed Michael must have been with me for the past couple of months, thinking that I was leading him on.

"Norah...it's not your fault you know?", Luke slurred, "this whole thing with Michael isn't your fault"

"Luke drink some of this water", I giggled, "you're talking out of your arse"

"I mean it!", he giggled, "you're not taking me seriously when I need you to"

"I would take you seriously if you hadn't have drank so much"

"Norah... Seriously", he looked at me with pure sympathy, with a slight pout and wide eyes. I didn't know what it was, but the way he looked at me in that moment- I ran into his arms and gave him the tightest embrace.

"I know, I know", he stroked my back and kissed the top of my head, "you feel shitty, don't you? I know exactly what you're going through...".
I gently nodded and just stayed in his arms for a while.
"Thanks Luke", I whispered and smiled up at him, "you're so nice"

"Well...", he rolled his eyes and laughed, he gently tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, "so are you".

We smiled at each other for a while, and his eyes glistened in the light. Due to pure instinct, I leant in and kissed him. My lips were pressed against his, and I slid my tongue into his mouth. My arms were wrapped around his neck and I lifted myself up so I was an equal height to him. I clutched onto his hair when he slightly grinded on me, and he ran his fingers through my curls. Realising where I was, I broke the kiss and looked slightly shocked. He laughed nervously and I moved a bit further away from him.

"...shit sorry about that Luke", I sighed, "I acted really dodgy there"

"No it was fine! It was good", he said, "I didn't exactly stop you...in fact I kind of encouraged you"

"Should we just go to bed? I'm really tired", I said, "plus you need some water"

"I really need this water, and sleep", he giggled, "g'night Norah!", and hugged me tightly, then sighed in my ear.

"thanks- night, love you!", I whispered

"Love you too, Norah", he smiled and walked upstairs.

I've just fucked things up even more!