Chapter 65

Okay everyone, if you read the description of this book at any time, you would've seen that I said there'd be domestic violence towards the end of the book. Sadly, it's towards the end of the book.

I'd just like to say beforehand that I'm not trying to romanticize domestic violence or anything in anyway. I won't be going into too much detail with descriptions, but that doesn't mean it's not a serious problem that happens every day.

TW: Nonconsensual Sex, Drugs, Domestic Violence
Word Count: 2100

"What happened last night?" I asked, looking up at him.

"You don't remember? After dinner, you insisted that we had sex because you said that was the only way you could start getting over your ex."

"Thinking about it, I don't remember anything after I went to the bathroom part way through dinner," I said, looking towards the floor.

"Oh, that was probably just the drugs, then," he said, shrugging like it wasn't a big deal.

"The what?" I asked, looking up at him, confused.

"Yeah, I figured since you were so adamant on nothing happening last night, I slipped a little something in your drink to make things a little easier."

"You did what?" I asked, shocked at what he said. "Get out of my apartment, right now," I said, grabbing his hand and trying to take him to the door.

"Did I say you could touch me?" He asked, snatching his hand away from me. "I'm the man in this relationship."

"We're not in a relationship," I said, looking at him like he was crazy.

"We're in whatever I say we are," he said, pulling me aggressively towards my room. "Now I want you to give me a little something before I start my day. On your knees."

"You're fucking crazy," I said, pulling my arm away from him. He quickly smacked the side of my head and I grabbed it as I looked up at him in shock.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart," he said, suddenly getting sympathetic. "I didn't mean to do any of that," he said, pulling me into his chest. I felt paralyzed, so I let him hold me. I fought the urge to cry, and after a few moments, he pulled away from me. "Are you about to cry? Go ahead. You're fucking ugly when you cry, it's hilarious."

"I'll be right back," I said, grabbing my phone from the foot of the bed.

He grabbed my right hand that was holding the phone and threw my phone on the ground. He kept ahold of my hand and held it roughly.

"Come on, sweetheart," he said, grabbing my face gently. "I love you." He gave me a kiss and I didn't kiss him back. "Don't you love me too?"

"No," I said, staring up at him. His face changed from happiness to sadness within a split second.

"You don't love me?" He asked, sitting on my bed. "Do you know how much I've helped you? I've helped you get over that Bucky guy, I'm with you almost every day for four hours just to help you get stronger, and you don't love me?" He asked, looking up at me.

"I pay you to—"

"I can't believe you've been leading me on this whole time. Do you know how much I love you?" He asked, getting on his knees and grabbing my thighs as he looked up at me. "I might as well just go kill mys—"

"Don't do that," I said, looking down at him. "I think you need help."

"Yes," he said, wiping his eyes. I hadn't noticed he'd been crying before this. "Can you help me, Daisy? Please show me how to be better."