Chapter 27

TW: None
Word Count: 1892

"I wouldn't trade you for anything."

"Really?" I asked. "Because I'd trade myself for a nice bottle of vodka right about now."

"You must be struggling to not get drunk right now, huh?" He asked, continuing to eat.

"You have no idea," I said with a small laugh.

"Why did you do it?"

"Start drinking? When I was about twenty and living with Tony, I snatched a bottle from the bar, drank it, and realized how much it calmed me down. It helped me keep my mind off of the terrible things I was making at the company."

"It must be nice to not have to make weapons now."

"Yeah, but back then I'd have inspiration to work on separate things for fun that were for me. Now, I have hundred year old men with metal arms begging me to fix them," I said, laughing.

"I never begged," he said, rolling his eyes.

"I could've made you, but I didn't want you to change your mind and leave."

"So you wanted to work on me," he said with a smirk.

"If a man with a metal arm comes in and gives you a challenge, you don't turn it down," I said, laughing as I finished up my plate. I noticed that he was done too. He was probably done way before I was, but didn't get up.

"I'll take that," he said, grabbing my plate and taking it to the sink. I stood up and followed him.

"I can do the dishes tonight," I said, stopping at the sink.

"I got it, you can go lay down on the couch," he said, pointing at the living room. He turned back to the sink and turned on the water. I slid myself into the small space he left between the sink and him. I looked up at him.

"You go lay down," I said, staring up at him. He was towering over me.

"Just let me do this for you," he said gently as he looked at me intensely. There was an undeniable excess amount of tension between us. I put my hands on his chest and glanced at his lips.

"Are we still talking about the dishes or—" I was cut off by his lips on mine.

He shut off the water, picked me up, and gracefully set me on the counter I was sitting on as he made dinner. We were about the same height now, me still somehow falling short. He leaned into me roughly, grabbing my hips quickly, but gently. My hands were tangled in his shorter hair. I let out a small gasp as he moved to my neck, trailing down to my collarbone.

"Bucky," I said quietly, and he pulled away, out of breath.

He looked down at me and I tried to pull him back to me with my hands at the base of his neck. His expression changed and he left me breathless on the counter, storming off to his room.

My hands went to my lips, feeling where he'd been kissing moments before. I let out a sigh before getting off of the counter with tears in my eyes. I calmed myself down, knowing this would happen again. I did the dishes quickly before going to the light switches, ready to turn them off to go to bed.

I noticed that his blanket was still on the couch, so I grabbed it and made my way down the hallway. I stopped at his door, ready to knock and give him his blanket, but I heard sniffling from the other side. He was crying. I thought for a moment before knowing that he didn't want to see me. I laid down on my bed and slowly fell asleep gripping onto his blanket.

I woke up from his yelling. I helped him like I normally do. I didn't lay down with him this time, but I reluctantly gave him his blanket back, even though he didn't ask for it. I fell back asleep shortly after I helped him and woke up again, immediately going to take a shower. After I was finished, I left the bathroom to see Bucky cooking breakfast.