Chapter 51

TW: Ouchie injury
Word Count: 2040

I woke up on the floor, and I immediately grabbed my wrist. I looked up at the ceiling and sighed as I sat up slowly.

"Bucky, what the hell?" I asked, peeking at him over the top of the bed. He got up and dropped to my side, looking at my wrist. "I thought we were past this shit."

"I'm so sorry," he said, running his fingers over it gently. "I didn't mean to do that." He hugged me gently before pulling away.

I tried to move my wrist around slowly, testing its range of motion. I suddenly felt the pain in my hand from a while ago come back. I clutched onto it with my left hand and sighed with my eyes closed.

"It hurts really bad," I said, taking an unsteady breath in.

"Let me help," he said, leaving the room.

"I don't think it's working," I called out, joking.

"That's not—" he started, sitting next to me with the wrap in his hands. He sounded worried and stressed. "We're going to have to wrap it and see if that helps. What all hurts?"

"Hand and wrist," I said as he took my arm away from my other hand gently.

"How does this feel?" He asked, wrapping it.

"Make it tighter," I said, watching him wrap it. He did and I nodded when he asked if it was good. "You're lucky I didn't land on Alpine."

"I'm sorry," he said, hugging me tightly. He picked me up and kept hugging me, bending down to do so.

"It's alright," I said, hugging him back. We pulled away and I put my arms down, fidgeting with the bandage. He grabbed my right forearm and put it above my head.

"Keep it elevated," he said, smiling down at me. I sighed, keeping it above my head. "I'll make you breakfast." Once he turned around, I lowered my hand again. "Up, doll," he said, not turning around. I sighed, putting it up again.

"Do you expect me to just ride in here with my hand out of the sunroof? Because we don't have one of those," I said in the passenger seat. He refused to let me drive.

"Just keep it above your heart," he said, patting my thigh quickly before making a turn.

"I think it's starting to go to sleep," I said dramatically. "Alpine wants me to cuddle him with both hands, so that means I can ignore what you say."

"You're so difficult," he said, laughing.

"You signed up for it," I said, laughing at him.

"And I wouldn't trade you for anything else, doll," he replied, resting his hand on my thigh.

"Aww," I said, resting my good hand on the one on my thigh. Alpine looked up at me because I wasn't petting him anymore. "Now Alpine's real jealous." He went over to Bucky's lap.

"He's going to make me crash," he said, laughing. I took my hand off of his and grabbed Alpine from his lap.

When I was in my lab, my hand and wrist kept hurting. I decided to call Jess to get her opinion on it.

"What's up?" She asked with a rushed tone.

"The pain in my hand's back along with one in my wrist. What should I do?"

"Keep it elevated in a wrap and try to ice it as much as you can. Go see a doctor." I rolled my eyes when she said to keep it elevated.

"Why do you sound so frantic?" I asked, keeping my hand up.