Chapter 21

TW: None
Word Count: 2063

I woke up in my bed to the sounds of Bucky yelling again. He must've moved me here. But with one arm? That's impressive. I quickly got up without a hangover, surprisingly, and ran to his room. I realized that I didn't have a single drink last night. I opened his door and turned the lights on. I shook his chest lightly, trying to wake him up. I stepped back from the bed and said his name a few times.

He sat up quickly, looking at me and immediately recognizing me. He was breathing heavily and he slowly started to calm down. I sat next to him like I did the night before and grabbed his hand.

"You're alright," I said, running my other hand through his shorter hair. He shook his head quickly. "Yes you are, look at me." He looked at me and I smiled. "I'm here for you, you're with me, you're okay."

"I'm okay," he said quietly. I rested my head on his shoulder and he took his hand away from mine. His arm reached around my waist and held me close to him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked gently. I was expecting the same answer as yesterday night's.

"Not really," he said, still attempting to settle down.

"Alright," I said in almost a whisper. I set my right hand on his chest as I adjusted myself to lay on my side.

I woke up again to the sound of a loud gasp and the feeling of falling. I opened my eyes before I hit the floor and looked up at Bucky.

"What the fuck?" I asked from the floor.

"I'm sorry! You scared me," he said, sitting up to help me up from the floor.

"This is the second time I've been shoved off of your bed. The next time it happens, I'm throwing hands." I grabbed his hand and he easily pulled me up.

"That seems fair," he said, standing from the bed. "I'm going to go shower." He left me in his room.

I looked at the journal, which had moved to the other side of the bed, and was more tempted than last time to look inside of it. I reminded myself that it's a terrible thing to do, so I left his room quickly.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was 7:30. I went to the bathroom door and yelled. "Hey, we're leaving in less than an hour and I have to shower too. I'll make something for breakfast."

I went into the kitchen and realized that I was not going to make something for breakfast. I pulled down a few boxes of cereal and two bowls. I ate mine and left everything out. On my way to my room, Bucky stepped out of the bathroom wearing only a towel.

"Sorry," I said, after I bumped into him.

"No problem, doll," he said, walking into his room.

"I ended up not making breakfast, but I did leave the cereal out."

"Alright," he said from behind the closed door.

I got a shower and did my hair and makeup quickly. I remembered that I had lunch with Peter, so I put in more effort than normal. I wore a business casual dress that could be worn basically anywhere. I didn't know where he was going to take me, so I had to be versatile. I put my hair into two braids so they could dry by the time I went out.

"Ready to go?" I asked, putting my phone in my bag as I searched for a pair of shoes to match in the closet.

"Yep," he said, standing up from the table. He put his dishes in the sink.

"Shoot, I forgot to make coffee. Oh well, we can get some at the tower," I said, opening the door to leave.

The car ride was nice. Bucky and I made small talk and he told me all about the places he and Steve went yesterday. We stole coffee from the lobby before heading up the elevator.