Chapter 45

Mission Report: December 16, 1991
(Yeah this chapter is unrelated to it, but today's December 16!)
TW: None
Word count: 2265

When I finally made my way back to the group, I saw Bucky holding two glasses of champagne. He handed one to me and smiled.

"This is the only one you can have, so make it... count?" His voice changed when he saw me drink the whole thing as quickly as I could. I handed him the glass back and gave him a pat on this left shoulder.

"Sorry got a little excited there," I said, laughing.

"God I wish I could kiss you right now," he said, setting the glass on a random table.

"No one's stopping you. We'd just have to deal with people," I said, shrugging. Lissa came up to me and grabbed me away from Bucky quickly. "What are you doing?"

"Sam said I wouldn't take you right now and dance with you. Do you wanna be the boy or girl?" She asked, coughing a little bit.

"You're taller," I said, shrugging. I grabbed the back of her neck lightly and we started dancing. "How drunk are you?" I asked, laughing.

"Enough to dance with you." I saw people start to take pictures and we both laughed as we danced with each other. "We're starting a trend!" She exclaimed quietly. I looked around and noticed a bunch of people dancing together.

I saw Bucky and I mouthed "dance with Sam" as I pointed at him. He shook his head no and I rolled my eyes. Lissa must've told Sam to dance with Bucky because I saw Sam grab Bucky and lead him out to dance right next to us.

"I'm going to murder you," Bucky said to Sam as Sam wrapped his arms around Bucky's neck.

"Come on, Bucko we're having a great time, aren't we, ladies?" He asked Liss and me. We nodded, laughing.

"On three, we'll switch," Liss said, laughing. "One, two, three." We switched, but something went wrong.

"Hey, flower crown, how fast do you think I'll need to run later tonight to get away from your boy toy?"

"Why do you guys hate each other?" I asked, laughing.

"What? I don't hate him. I love him."

"Fuck off, chicken boy," Bucky said, awkwardly dancing with Liss.

"How did this happen? We're smarter than this," Liss said. "We'll have to dance like this for a little bit so we don't look suspicious."

We danced for about another minute before we switched again. I was face to face with Bucky. "Don't step on my feet, doll."

"Are you kidding?" I asked, laughing lightly. "You know from last Sunday that I'm beyond graceful."

"You're beyond gorgeous. I can't wait to get you home," he said, moving me closer to his body.

"You get me home and then what?" I asked innocently, shrugging. "I'm having a great time here, aren't you?"

"It's great with you," he said, smiling. "It'd be better if Sam wasn't here," he said loudly.

"We will go outside and fight now, Barnes," he said back. Liss and I looked at each other.

"I want to switch again," Liss said, laughing.

"Yeah, that's a great idea," I said. Liss and I went back to dancing with each other.

"So it's like that?" Sam asked, as I pulled Liss closer.

"Go become friends," I said, shooing them away.

"But I don't want—" Bucky started.

"You heard the girl. Go become friends!"