Chapter 60

We're in the final ten chapters 😳

TW: None
Word Count: 2290

When I got down to the gym, Cody was there and so were a few of the others. He greeted me with a smile and I smiled back at him. I stretched while he made small talk with me.

"Ready to start?" He asked as I stood up.

"Can I talk to Steve real quick?" I asked. He smiled before nodding at me.

"Go ahead."

He's been a lot nicer than normal and that made me feel better. Maybe I changed him a little bit to be nice. I approached the ring where Sam and Steve were sparring.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" I asked when they stopped after they noticed I was there.

"Sure," Steve said and stepped out of the ring. I explained to him what'd happened with the whole Bucky thing and he looked either upset or disappointed. "I'll talk to him. I'm sorry he did that." He started walking towards the elevator. Sam followed him, and it was just Cody and I left in the gym.

"What was that about?" He asked, watching me get my shoes on.

"Nothing," I said, shrugging.

"He said that he was sorry he did that? Who did what?" He asked, sitting across from me.

"It's nothing to worry about," I said, tying my shoe.

"Just tell me!" He yelled, hitting the bench. I jumped slightly before finally telling him. "So I guess that whole patience talk we had when he left for the mission was kinda pointless, huh?" He asked, kicking my foot with his lightly.

"I don't want to talk about it right now. I just want to keep my mind off of it."

When my training session was over, I went to the rooms and was met with no one in the living area. I thought it was strange, but decided to just go and take a shower. After my shower, I put a random outfit on before calling Bucky to tell him that I was leaving. He didn't pick up, so I decided to just leave.

I saw Steve's car outside of the apartment when I got there. I made my way up the steps and opened the door to see the place cleaned. I called out to Steve and got no response. I walked into the hallway and smiled when I heard them talking in Bucky's room.

"I don't wanna mess this up, Steve. She's too important to me."

"Well I just heard her walk into the apartment, so you better get out there."

I heard Bucky sigh and the door opened. He looked down at me and grabbed me into a kiss. "Fixed the hole, doll," he said, motioning towards the hole.

"Hi Steve," I said awkwardly as I looked at the wall. I turned back to Bucky. "Thank you," I said, hugging him.

"I'm going to head out. Nice to see you guys," Steve said, slipping past us and out the door.

Bucky lead me to just outside the kitchen and looked down at me. He sighed before brushing some hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry for not understanding why you were mad yesterday. You were rightfully upset, and I'm so sorry for kissing Natasha. I don't know what came over me. I really don't. It wasn't something silly. I just didn't want to admit that what I did was wrong. I love you and only you."

"I love you too," I said, grabbing hands. "But if you ever pull that shit again, I'm gone, okay? I can't— I can't keep being put second. It happened with Peter, and I need to be your first choice."

Bucky looked down at me and smiled. He ran his fingers through my hair and sighed softly when he pulled my head into his chest.

"What're you doing?" I asked, wrapping my arms around him.