Chapter 6

TW: None
Word Count: 1765

The rest of the time we spent in Monaco was absolutely amazing. I hired a bodyguard to keep people away from me to avoid what happened on the balcony. Peter made it a point to see me every single day. We went to beaches together, and I thought that I'd saw my missing shoe, but I realized that I was probably just going crazy. We went to the races together, even though I had to leave early because of my idiotic cousin. Despite how busy I was having fun, I got the chance to work on my precious, highly wanted blueprints a little bit.

I kept seeing headlines about Peter and I, making me happy. Going back to Brooklyn was hard because we'd be in two different countries, but he assured me that we'd still be together.

Three months later, my electronic muscle enhancers failed terribly, Peter and I broke up, and Tony and Pepper got together. I was excited to hear that they got together, and I'm truly happy for them, but I'm bitter because I'm not with anyone. The girls and I still hung out frequently. We slowly started creating a list of different countries we needed to visit.

Tony took my advice from a while ago and started to build Stark Tower in Manhattan. It took a while to build, but I helped in anyway that I could, providing input on most of the design. When it was finally finished, I realized that it wasn't that long of a drive from my apartment.

I had my own room at the tower, and even my own lab. I used the lab everyday, but only slept in my room occasionally. Sometimes I'd take a nap in the middle of the day just to escape a headache. I'd also use my room when Tony, Pep, Happy, and I had little game or movie nights. Tony installed a gym, so I decided to dedicate a few days of my week to get into better shape.

I was working in the lab one morning when Tony popped in. "You'll never guess who they pulled out of the ocean, alive."

"Who?" I asked, questioning his word choice.

"The Capsicle himself," he said, ignoring my concern and laying his phone down in front of me. An article projected itself from his phone and I read it quickly.

"You're kidding," I said, looking up at him. "This is exciting!"

"Oh god you're not going to put this man before me like my father did, are you?" He joked, and I laughed.

"Depends on if he's still as handsome as he was in the 40s," I said, handing him his phone back. "What are they doing with him?"

"Who knows," Tony said. "Hard to believe that S.H.I.E.L.D.'s going to let him live a normal life."

When the Avengers Initiative began, I was more than willing to help Tony get whatever he needed. I helped design a few things for the team, helpful tech and stuff. When the Avengers were even just a whisper—when Tony got rejected the first time—I started working out more and taking a lot of fighting classes. I trained so I could be on the team, even if I was just there to hack into things or be tech savvy.

When Loki came to New York, I wasn't allowed to interact with the mission at all. Tony wouldn't let me because he didn't want me to get hurt. I organized relief programs after the event, though. I organized food drives, living spaces, and funds for people that were affected by the attack.

I was in the spotlight because of this, so people kept bringing up things from the past. I had to hold a press conference just to tell everyone that the electronic muscle enhancers project fell through because people started to remember the time the project got leaked. I felt humiliated because I had to admit my failure, but it felt good knowing that people still appreciated me because of the relief work I was doing.

During the Loki attack, Steve and I became friendly with each other. I told him all about what'd happened from the time he froze to present day. He constantly talked about his old friend, Bucky, and said that if I knew him, I'd love him. He would talk about their adventures from the 40s, bringing up how much of a flirt Bucky was. By the way he talked about him, I could tell that Steve was really affected by his death.