Chapter 34

TW: Drinking
Word Count: 2210

I woke up the next morning to the same sound of yelling. I comforted him until I knew he was sleeping again. I slipped out of his hold and went to the main area to clean more. It was around midnight.

I was extremely nervous for them to come to the apartment. I was nervous for Bucky to meet my parents. It's not like I necessarily care about what they think of him, but I already have a Tony.

I was about a half hour into cleaning when I started to get unbearably anxious. I just needed to calm down a little bit, so I went to my room and cracked open a bottle of wine. I struggled with this task because of my wrapped hand. I started to clean the bathroom soon after that.

I woke up on the couch with Bucky looking down at me. He backed up and I noticed he looked frustrated. I couldn't exactly tell, but I just got that vibe from him. I sat up, grabbing my head and cringing when I felt how bad it hurt. I already felt upset at myself.

"Two bottles and this half empty one," he said, holding up a half empty one. "Where's the other half? Maybe on the rug you had to sweep like fifty times." I looked at the rug and buried my head on my hands.

"I hate myself," I said quietly.

"The apartment door was open when I woke up. I found a bottle on the roof, probably from you. Do you know how lucky you are that no one came in and murdered you? Or that you didn't fall off the roof? Daisy I can't sit here and watch you destroy your life because you refuse to get actual help!"

"I tried not to," I said, looking up at him with tears in my eyes. "I really did. I just," I started crying and he immediately went from yelling at me to holding me within seconds.

"You have to stop," he said quietly. "You're going to end up dead and then what am I going to do? I'd have to go back to hanging out with Steve all the time and that bird guy. I don't want to because I like you. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with Steve, but he's not like you. I love it when you're not drunk. I do. You're smart, funny, understanding, gentle. I could go on, but I don't have the energy to right now," he said with a laugh. I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"Thank you," I said into his chest, my eyes glued shut.

"Why don't you go get a shower before they get here and I'll get rid of this rug. Where should I put it?"

"In my room's fine," I said, still holding onto him.

"You're still holding on."

"I really don't want today to happen."

"It'll be okay," he said, pulling me off of him. He gave me a kiss and stood me up. "Go get a shower."

After I got a shower, I brushed my teeth and put on an outfit, knowing whatever I'd wear would somehow be inappropriate. I did my makeup lightly, but still with care, and pulled my hair into a loose half up hairstyle. I struggled immensely with all of these seemingly simple tasks because of my hand injury.

When I got out of the bathroom, I noticed the rug was gone and the bottles were cleaned up. The blanket on the couch was folded again.

"Can you wrap my hand?" I asked, knocking on his door with my left hand. He opened the door and looked down at me.

"Of course, doll," he said, taking the bandage out of my hand.

"Really tight," I said with a smile. "I don't want it to hurt."

He wrapped it carefully before kissing me quickly. "You look beautiful," he said and I smiled uncontrollably.

"Go get a shower," I said, laughing lightly because of how cute he is.