Chapter 47

TW: None
Word Count: 2085

Bucky and I's goodbye encounter didn't go unseen as Tony teased me about it the whole way back to the labs.

"I didn't know you and Mister Barnes were a thing," Peter said in the elevator.

"Not a lot of people do," I said, laughing. "I'd like to keep it that way, too."

"Enough said." I could hear and feel nervous energy radiate off him.

When we got to the labs, I still had a few hours before my training, and Peter decided to come to my lab. I showed him around and he was particularly interested in Alpine. We talked for a while about different things, mostly concerning technology. I told him about how I designed and made Bucky's arm before I told him about my "secret project."

"Now this is like top secret shit. Only Tony knows about it, so if I see any information about it anywhere, I'll kill you like any other inconvenient spider in my life. With my bare hands." He laughed. We were beginning to get comfortable with each other's humor and company.

"My lips are sealed, Miss— Daisy."

"It's a start," I said, shrugging.

I explained what features the suit has, but I didn't show him any of the science or anything, not wanting him to get any ideas. After a while, I looked at the clock in my lab.

"I have training in half an hour. I should get going," I said, putting the stuff away.

"It was an honor to be able to see where you work and talk to you, M— Daisy," he said, standing up. "Could we maybe get a picture? People at my school don't believe I actually have an internship here."

"But you don't," I said, laughing.

"It's my cover," he said, shrugging.

"A video will be more believable."

"Good thinking," he said before starting to record. "I'm here in Daisy's lab. This is Daisy."

"This is Peter," I said, motioning to him.

"And this is Alpine," he said, showing Alpine in the video. He stopped recording. "It was okay to show Alpine, right?"

"Perfectly fine," I said, laughing. "Do you actually want to watch him for a little bit while I go to the gym? Usually Wanda does it, but you could probably do it together."

"That sounds fun," he said as we made our way to the elevator.

We went up to the rooms and I handed Alpine to Peter to go get changed to train. When I made it to the gym, I stretched out and waited for Cody to show up. He was three minutes late.

"Hey," I said as he walked in.

"Hey," he replied.

"Looks like you're three minutes late. Three miles!" I said, joking with him.

"Excuse me?" He asked, crossing his arms.

"I-it was a joke," I said nervously, tying my hair up.

"You go run three miles," he said, motioning to the treadmills.

"Had that coming," I said, making my way to them.

I ran the three miles and after that was over, he had me do weightlifting and punching. He was teaching me a lot and I felt like I was really getting the hang of the whole fighting thing. When we sparred, I started thinking of Bucky and how worried I was about him. I became overly aggressive, and he noticed this.

"What's bothering you tonight, sweetheart?" He asked, watching me punch at him.

"Nothing," I said, shrugging before I started throwing punches again.