Chapter 26

TW: None
Word Count: 1958

When we got to the apartment, Jess was already there and sleeping on the couch. I noticed she was wearing one of my shirts and a pair of my pajama pants.

"She must be so exhausted," I said, pulling a blanket over her.

I grabbed my laptop from my bedroom and took it to the dining table. Liss sat next to me and Bucky sat on the side. I didn't want him to see anything terrible, but Liss has already seen it all.

"Why were you on a roof half naked?" She asked. "Is this this roof?"

"Maybe," I said with a laugh.

"Who took it and why?" She asked with a concerned tone.

"I got trashed one night and took it myself. There are no security cameras on the roof. But now that I think of it, these were on my phone, nowhere else."

"You didn't send them to anybody?"

"No one," I said, sinking into my chair. "Maybe I did send it to Brook, but I don't remember it."

"Hey gals," Jess said out of nowhere, walking over to the table. "And Bucky." She stood behind him sleepily and rested her hands on his shoulders. "How's the plating?"

"Attached to an arm," I said, she squinted and her eyes widened.

"You didn't tell me you figured it out, Dais!" She came over to me and gave me a hug. She went back over to the couch to find her glasses. She came back with them on. "That's why I always wear glasses or contacts. Without them, I can't see."

"That's true," I said as she examined his arm and shoulder area. After she was done, she looked over at Liss and I. She started to walk around to go behind us.

"What are you guys— is that your ass?"

"Sure is," Lissa said with a proud tone. She clicked the next picture.

"Hey that's all of our asses," she said, grabbing a chair from another part of the table. We were looking at a picture of all of us in bathing suits.

"This is such a good picture!" Liss said with excitement. "We can just," she laid her hand over Brook's body.

"Or we can photoshop Bucky in there," I said with a laugh.

"Yes!" Lissa said, turning the laptop screen to Bucky. "Imagine this is you," she said, pointing to Brook.

"I feel like if I say no, it's not going to matter anyways," he said, laughing.

"You're right," she said.

"So what's happening exactly?" Jess asked.

We explained the situation to her. Hearing it again made me feel like more of a failure. How could I let something like this happen? I don't even know if I grabbed all the files and recorders. She could have more stuff on me.

"Please release some photos like Liss suggested," Jess said, shaking my shoulder.

"I guess I'm going to have to," I said quietly.

"I have an idea!" Liss said, getting excited. "If they try anything, just release something about how he was definitely seeing Brook at the same time! You can say how emotionally abusive he was, how he used you for publicity, and how they took pictures without your consent!"

"That's a great idea," Jess said, patting Liss on the back. "Only if they try something first, though. You don't want to look like you're starting anything."

"You're right," I said, nodding. "Now pick the pictures I'm putting on Instagram."

After about an hour of looking through scandalous pictures of me and formulating a good caption, we were finally ready to upload them.