Chapter 46

TW: Light Smut
Word Count: 2340

We danced for a while. It was pretty relaxing to be able to rest my head on him while we moved slowly to the music. My eyes were closed gently as I played with his tie.

"I just realized I didn't see Natasha tonight. Do you know where she was?" I asked, keeping my eyes closed.

"She went on a mission this morning."

"I usually get told about missions. That's weird."

"It was a last minute kind of thing," he said, kissing the top of my head. "You don't have to worry about it."

"I worry about everything," I said, laughing.

"I know," he said quietly. I felt his hands slip down lower and he grabbed my ass gently. His metal hand was freezing.

"What's with the sudden confidence?" I asked, looking up at him.

"Let's just say Lissa gave me some advice," he said, laughing.

"And how drunk was she?"

"Extremely."

I felt him take his hands away. "Did I say you could take them off?" I asked, and he grabbed it again.

"So no pants doll?" He asked, kissing the top of my head.

"Your shirt is kinda like a dress," I said, shrugging.

"I'm going to go change out of this stupid suit," he said, pulling away from me.

"Do you need help changing?" I asked, trying to flirt.

"I'll yell if I need you," he said, laughing as he walked away.

I decided to put on more upbeat music, wanting to be able to actually dance and have fun. I started to feel uncomfortable, so I grabbed a pair of shorts and put them on quickly. I met him on the way back and grabbed his hand as I ran to the living room.

"You changed the music?" He asked, as I started singing.

"Of course," I said before going back to singing. I grabbed his hands and started dancing terribly. I noticed he looked slightly confused and like he was thinking about something. "Come on and dance with me," I said, laughing.

He soon started to dance with me as I saw the look on his face change from confusion to happiness. After a few songs, he decided to show me what he used to do in the forties. He'd taught me other moves at the picnic we had, but I forgot all about those ones.

"And then you put your foot back over here so it's like this," he said, starting to show me what to do.

"I'm too uncoordinated to do this!" I yelled out, laughing as I stepped on his foot for the fiftieth time. "Just pick me up and move me around," I suggested, grabbing for him before I slipped and fell on the ground. He caught me on the way down and looked at me like I was crazy.

"How the hell did you manage to do that, doll?" He asked, helping me stand up. I was laughing so hard that I was in tears.

"I have no idea," I said and he started laughing with me. I noticed that I've never really seen him laugh as hysterically as he was. All the other times we've laughed together, it felt like he was holding something back or was too afraid to laugh.

He picked me up bridal style quickly and started dancing around with me in his arms. He'd throw me in the air sometimes and I'd clutch onto him tightly, afraid he was going to drop me.

"I'm not going to drop you, doll, relax," he said, tossing me again.

"You're so going to drop me and I'm going to cry," I said, laughing. He set me on the floor and I almost immediately slipped again.