Chapter 32

TW: None
Word Count: 1921

I ate breakfast alone and in a peaceful quiet. I sat on the little bench in front of my window and watched cars go speeding by. I heard the bathroom door open and Bucky's footsteps before he put his right hand on the side of my neck and kissed the top of my head.

"Whatcha looking at, doll?" He asked, rubbing my neck gently.

"The cars," I said, looking up at him. I gave him a kiss. "What're you looking at?" I asked, standing from the bench.

"A homeless looking lady staring out of a window."

"Hey," I said, hitting his arm. "I almost forgot, but Steve wants one of the doctors in the tower to look at your arm to see if you're okay to go back to working out and punching stuff. Steve said if you're cleared today, he's going to do a few things with you in the gym. Go get some workout clothes just in case," I said, pushing him towards the hallway.

"Can you grab your stuff too?" He asked, walking into his room.

"If I have to," I said with a laugh. I went to my room and grabbed a shirt, a pair of shorts, and some shoes. I put them into a drawstring bag and put it on my back.

We left the apartment soon after that with my bag on my back, my purse over my shoulder, and a coffee in my hand. When we got to the lab, I grabbed the lab phone and looked up the extension for the doctor. I dialed it and put the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi, is this Doctor Lee? This is Daisy Stark. Captain Rogers spoke to you earlier."

"Yes, are you free to do the appointment right now?"

"Yep, where do you want us to go?"

"Come down to my office. It's on floor eight."

"Alright. Bye."

"Bye," he said and I hung up the phone.

I turned to Bucky and shook my hands out.

"I hate phone calls. I'm so awkward."

We left my lab and when we got into the elevator, Bucky decided to ask about our relationship.

"So uh, what are we?" Bucky asked quietly. I turned to him and thought for a second.

"Oh uh, we're," I started before the elevator slowed down. "Getting more people in the elevator. Let's talk later." I faced the front again and felt my face burn up.

What are we? We didn't discuss anything about it last night. We just talked and cuddled. I was put back in my room by him, so that means he's not ready for us to share a bed all night. Did we really have to put labels on things this quickly? He's from the 40s, maybe that's why he's asking.

I looked up at him and he looked back at me. I quickly looked away knowing that I'd never been in a relationship like this before. I've never been in one where the guy wants to hold me, or one where the guy isn't pressuring me to sleep with him, or one where we could just sit and talk about whatever we wanted to.

I felt the elevator slow down again and noticed it was on the floor we needed to go to. I quickly tried to stop processing my emotions and feel less dizzy than I had. I walked out of the elevator with Bucky close behind me and went up to the front desk.

I politely asked her where his office was and got directions from the woman. We made our way down the hallway and I knocked on the door to his office. Things worked differently in the tower, so we didn't wait in a waiting room.

He opened the door and smiled. He opened the door completely and let us in, closing the door behind Bucky.

"You can sit here, Miss Stark," he said, motioning to a chair beside his desk. "You can get on the table, Mister Barnes," he said, motioning towards the table.