Chapter 22

TW: None
Word Count: 1745

"I think you lost your arm, man," Peter said, holding the arm out in front of him.

"Uh, Peter this is Bucky. Bucky this is Peter," I said, grabbing the arm away from Peter.

"Bucky? I had a horse named Bucky, what a coincidence. Why do they call you Bucky?"

"It's my name," he said defensively.

"His real name is James, but we call him Bucky because of his middle name," I said, setting the arm back on the desk.

"Why didn't your parents call you 'Jim' like normal people?" Peter asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That's like asking why people don't call me Brook," I said, looking between the two of them.

"Oh, my bad," Peter said, holding out his hand. Bucky shook it.

"Well I'll let you two—"

"Don't worry about it," Peter said, interrupting Bucky. "I was just about to say goodbye to my lovely Daisy here. I have a meeting across town in an hour."

"Good luck at it," I said quietly.

"Thanks darling," he said and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I kept awkward eye contact with Bucky the whole time. "It was nice to meet you. Daisy's a smart girl, she'll have that arm on as soon as possible," he said, patting Bucky on the back as he left the room. He was halfway down the hallway before he turned around again. "I'd love to meet up sometime again this week, Dais."

"Me too," I said and watched him get into the elevator.

I slightly turned to face Bucky. I've never seen him want to kill someone more in my life. I felt bad for him, and then I realized that he's the one that rejected me.

"What did you need?" I asked, trying to not be afraid that he might snap.

"I just wanted to make sure you got back safely," he said. I could hear the anger in his voice. "I don't like that man."

"Why not?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I just don't."

"Well you don't really have a say in anything, do you?" I asked loudly as I felt my heartbeat get faster.

"I guess not," he said and laughed a little bit.

"Why are you laughing?"

"I don't know why I got upset, I really don't." I didn't believe him.

"Alright," I said, sitting down in my chair. I grabbed the wires that were still on the floor from earlier. He sat down in his usual spot and watched me quietly start to wire the arm.

"Has the hand gotten better?" He asked, looking at my hand that was still wrapped.

"Yeah, it doesn't hurt anymore," I said, starting to take the bandage off. It closed up, but was still a scratch.

"It looks good," he said, examining it. I logged onto my computer and decided to search myself up in Google.

I read the first few headlines and rolled my eyes.
"Daisy Stark and Peter Nicks are Back Together? Everything we Know about their Lunch Date"
"An Injured Daisy Stark out to Lunch with Peter Nicks"
"Daisy and Peter Together Again? Everything you need to Know about their Past Relationship."

"Brook wrote that last one," I said, mostly to myself, clicking on it immediately. I saw that there were pictures that I had only shared with the girls. I read through it quickly and realized that some of the details were also not public. I pulled out my phone and called her.