#51

sole admitting that they're asexual

+ maxson & sturges 

INTRO

Sole presumed that at this point in their relationship it was getting more and more likely that sex would come up soon... They had to say what was going on before it would feel more difficult to say it. They braced themselves. After a kiss Sole pushed them back and looked them in the eye. " I suppose now is as good a time as any. I've got something to tell you... I'm asexual. Meaning, in my case, that I don't really have any sexual attraction... at all. towards anyone. Including you. I was wondering what you think of that and if it's some sort of dealbreaker or if you're ok with that..."

Cait
Cait sits back for a moment and mawls that over. She's a pretty physical person in every way so to her it's trickier for her to get how exactly that works.
" What about yer kid though?" Sole inhaled, knowing that that question would come next.
" Well, my spouse wasn't asexual so we did have sex. Just not at all often. Cause, ya know, I don't ever just feel like it."
Cait took that bit of information in. " Then it doesn't have to be a big deal, does it?" Sole held their breath, involuntarily.
" Meaning?" Sole asked. Cait leaned forward.
" I've had my fair share o'sex. More than that... I've had a lot of sex. But this thing between us, 'intimacy', that's a new one. So ya gave me somethin' more important. Someone I can rely on, who won't be gone when I tell 'em more 'bout the less pretty parts o' my life. You ain't gettin' rid o'me that easy." Sole hugged her.
" But ya have to remind me sometimes. Cause you're pretty damn good lookin'."

Curie
Curie doesn't really understand the urge of sex either, being a synth. Yes, she has emotions but that one is so new to her that she figures she can manage without just as easily as Sole. She realises by the way Sole is acting that it's a very big deal to them, but doesn't completely get why. "Zhis is hard for you zho zhell me, no?" Sole nodded. "I had no idea how you'd react." Curie smiled and put her arms on Sole's shoulders. "I zhon't know why, but it means a lot zhat you zhold me. It is no problem at all! We can still cuddle zhough? Zhat feels nice!" Sole nodded. "Of course we can."

Piper
"Oh." Piper sat back for a couple of seconds, nodded and said; "Okay." Sole tilted their head, wondering why the leather-clad reporter didn't have a bigger response to that kind of intel. "Really? That's all you're going to say?"
" Look Blue, I can trust you. I can let my guard down with you. That means more to me than sex. Doesn't mean I won't ever want to do it with you, cause, well I do have my 'needs'. But I can help myself or control myself. Sorry to break it to you but you're not that irresistable." She smiled and winked at Sole.
" We can do it every once in a while, just... preferably not too often." Piper nodded. " See, then it's a complete non-issue. No problem with it whatsoever. "

Danse
Danse remained silent and continued whatever he was doing before. "Danse? Is this you panicking or ..." He just looked up and remained as calm as ever.
" Is this something which I ought to panic over?" Sole had no clue how to answer that question. " Well, I don't think so but ..." He focussed on Sole again, stood in front of them.
" You say you feel no sexual attraction towards me, correct?"
" Yes. Not you specifically though. "
" But you do still feel a romantic connection."
" Yes, obviously."
He kissed their forehead. "Then that's okay. We'll figure it out together. I cannot deny I so feel both kinds of attraction towards you but I would never do anything which forces you to do something you're not comfortable with. My main priorities remain the same: keeping you safe and keeping you close."