#10

sick! sole

- codsworth, dogmeat, & strong

Cait
Shed be absolutely clueless. If anything shed quarantine them away from everyone else especially herself to avoid getting sick herself. She never knew how to treat unwell people, but when she saw just how miserable Sole was she eventually and literally said 'fuck it' and climbed into the bed with them. 'Now stop being such a whiney shite yeah??' She murmurs, Soles face plastered with a wide grin.

Curie
What better companion to have when sick than a medical robot nanny?? She's got you covered honey. Hell, she realised Sole was sick before Sole knew they were sick. Using the plants she could gather and a touch of chems he'd mix up some sort of magical concoction, which tasted absolutely foul but had Sole feeling better the next day. While in recovery shed be studying Sole closely, when not taking notes shed just sit by them, holding their hand and just keeping them company.

Danse
The brotherhood taught many classes for many illnesses and injuries; broken arm?? He's got you covered. Bullet lodged in the leg?? Give him 2 minutes max and he'd have it out in no time. Hell, Sniffles and a bad cough?? Absolutely no clue. He'd be awkward, not sure what to give them while they spew their guts up, gently patting their stomach and if needed, holding back Soles hair as they heaved.

Deacon
For some reason, Deacon finds Sole being sick the best thing. He'd dote on them as if they were a child, and I mean seriously. Bedtime stories, tucking them in, insisting on feeding them with a spoon (he'd try and make them wear a bib but they refused), and oh god the baby talk. All the while a shit-eating grin is plastered on his face. 'Does that feel better??' 'Aww you're such a strong boy/girl' 'Open wide for the aeroplane'

Hancock
It was when looking after an unwell Sole that John had learned chems can't heal everything, much to his surprise. At least not the chems he had at the ready. So he settles instead on some broth Daisy whipped up, sketchy but it was better than dosing Sole up on some Jet, which went... Badly the last time he suggested it. Sole would be sceptical but eventually give into Hancock shoving a spoon in their face and give it a taste, safe to say the bowl would be finished in no time. And afterwards, a t o n of cuddles, considering its unlikely a ghoul could catch a human cold.

McCready
Being a father of a young child, McCready has had his share of caring for a sick child, and let's be honest Sole in many cases is just a very big child, especially when they're sick. He'd play along, treating them like he would Duncan, but dropping the act whenever Sole requested he feed them or help them get changed. 'I really doubt you're that sick' he'd question. Little did he know Sole hadn't been sick since yesterday... He didn't need to know yet anyway.

Nick
The old fashioned man had his old fashioned ways. He'd get Ellie to get a seemingly random list of materials before mixing up a soup, claiming his earlier wife made it for him whenever he was unwell. Most likely would manage to scavenge a whole ass bouquet of flowers and deliver them to sole at their door, and offer a bunch of hugs on the lounge for comfort if they need it.

Piper
She had cared for Nat whenever she got sick, so she has basic knowledge on how to look after an unwell person. Knowing her its likely shed craft up some get well soon card and get everyone she could to sign it. Maybe even an advertisement in Publick Occurrences to wish Sole for the best.

Preston
He'd panic, thinking immediately that it was some fatal disease or something more serious than it was. It was only when Curie gave a diagnosis that he calmed down... Slightly. He'd insist sole wouldn't lift a finger and overreact about everything they'd do. 'Do you want me to carry you?' 'You sure you can sit up??' Stuff like that. He kept this up until Sole asked with a sly grin if he'd help them change, at that point he stepped down and put Curie in his place, who also questioned if he was feeling unwell from looking at his bright red face.

X6-88
Though while not a medical nanny in his own right, X6 had exclusive knowledge for caring for sick people. He'd make some sort of beverage, light a few herbal candles for the congestion, maybe get a few meds from the institute's medical facility, and patiently wait until Sole was ready to continue on with whatever mission they had lined up. He'd strongly advise they not leave the institute until they were better.

Radioactive Reactions