#8

reading Cujo by Stephen King expecting a heartwarming story about a dog but getting the opposite-- bonus if the courier warned them not to read it

-   ed-e,  lily & rex

Arcade Gannon
He finally had time to read a novel for fun. And what did he pick? Now he's glaring at Six, who is avoiding his eyes at all cost. "When I asked you if you had read it, I would also appreciated the warning too." Six still couldn't look at Arcade. They muttered out a sorry. Like sorry could make his puffy red eyes and lack of sleep since he finished that retched book disappear. Arcade chooses his books more wisely now.

Craig Boone
He just wanted something to focus on while at resting at the Lucky 38 at night. It's a story about  dog, right? Boone likes dogs. He didn't quite understand why Six had try to tell him to pick anything else. Then it was too late. He dropped the book in Six's lap not even two minutes after finishing it, blankly stating he was going to bed. Boone didn't pick up a book for weeks after that.

Raul Tejada
He could've sworn he read this back in the day. The cover and summary on the back looked familiar, but it had been centuries since he read it. he wasn't even sure if he ever finished it. Raul scanned page after page. Slowly he started to remember the events of the book as he read chapter after chapter. Then the memory kicked in. The book was tossed away from him. Now he realized why he didn't want to remember it.

Rose of Sharon Cassidy
She was already warned by Six it wasn't a happy story, but she waved them off and kept turning page after page. As the book progressed, Cass started to get more of an inkling about what Six was trying to tell her. Even when she gets the death, she still continues to read until the very end, trying to hold in her tears. After she turns the final page, she sets the book down on the dining room table grimly, not saying a word until Six walks in. "Why did you let me read that?"

Veronica Santangelo
The cover of the book was a bit off-putting to say the least. She asks Six if they read it and is responded with a solemn nod. Well, that doesn't seem good. Veronica couldn't read past the chapter where Cujo gets bitten, and shoves it back into Six with tears threatening to spill out. "Does he die?!" she asked. The nod from Six was all she needed. She was a mess for weeks.

Dear Hearts & Gentle People