#41

reacting to a sentient deathclaw hating synths / the institute

+ maxson, desdemona, & father

- dogmeat & strong

Sole was taken aback when they noticed these Deathclaws spoke, nearly dropping their gun. "We've heard of you. You returned one of our children. Otherwise you wouldn't have found us." The leader of the Deathclaws turned to their companion. "But are you a synth? Are you with the Institute?" he hissed. As Sole shook their head they easened up a little "In that case, proceed." There were decaying bodies littering the floor, probably to serve as some sort of gruesome warning. "What happened here?" Sole asked, trying not to breathe in the stench. "These are synths. They used to live alongside us until they murdered our young. Smashed the eggs. So we ripped them apart in return." Sole nodded slowly. "Is that why you asked me if I was a synth?" "Yes. Since their massacre, synths are no longer welcome."

GIRLS

Cait

After she got over her initial surprise over talking Deathclaws (partially by a fair amount of cursing), she tried to grasp what they were trying to say exactly. Cait understood very well why they did what they did. After all, she'd made the same call once. In an almost as horrific way. Almost. Revenge can burn pretty strongly, a poison slipping into your veins. It makes you thursty for justice, some sort of it anyway. She looked up at the Deathclaw, grip still firmly on her gun. She didn't trust them in the least. "Did it make ya feel better?" The Deathclaw said 'yes'. Cait's jaw tensed. "At least that makes one of us." The Deathclaw looked annoyed. "Was that supposed to be criticism?" She shook her head. "No, I believe in payback allright. But when I took vengeance, it didn't feel better, not for long anyway." It grumbled. "That's what makes you humans weaker than us, then."

Curie

Curie was horrified at how many lives were lost. Both synth lives and those of the unborn Deathclaws. She wisely decided not to bring up the fact that she, too, was in a synth body. "How many casualties were there?" The Deathclaw looked angry. "Six young were lost." "What about the synths?" The deathclaw's eyes turned into slits. "What does that matter?" Curie decided not to press the subject any further after taking a side-glance to Sole. She counted 16 bodies. She knew chances were small that all of them were involved in smashing the eggs. However she was curious about these talking Deathclaws, and she had wanted to tap off some of their blood to do experiments, she couldn't stand the sight of that much death.

Desdemona

Desdemona was appalled at the fact that they killed off so many Synths, convinced that either they didn't know what they were doing (against knowing better) or that there were just a few rotten apples who decided to take such action. That is if the Deathclaws didn't take action first to make them feel threatened. Either way she was convinced not all of them deserved to die. She wanted nothing to do with these Deathclaws and insisted on leaving as soon as possible. She, however, also didn't want revenge of any kind because she also understood their point.

Piper

Piper's weapon, which was still firmly in her grasp, caught their attention. They got their claws out and stood right in front of her, causing her to raise her gun against their leader. "Put. That. Away." Piper kept eye contact with them. "If you want us to lower our guns, then I suggest you put away the claws as well." They measured her up before their leader indicated they could do that. She lowered her gun and hostered it. "How long did you live together with them?" The deathclaw growled. "We have no sense of time here. Too much of a human construct. It's useless." She looked at the bodies for a second before looking away. "Mind telling me why exactly they did that?" The Deathclaw turned around. "You're asking a whole lot of questions." Piper shrugged. "Comes with the job description, really. Reporter." Sole grabbed their gun and aimed it at the Deathclaw's head as they pinned Piper against the wall. "No stories. We don't want more synths to find us." "Let her go or I'll kill you. I don't want to but I'll also protect my own." The deathclaw let her fall to the floor. "Fair enough. I suggest you leave now."