#38

male companions react to female sole telling them she's pregnant with their child / female companions tell a male sole 

- dogmeat & strong

+ desdemona, magnolia, maxson, tinker tom, sturges, glory, & haylen

GIRLS:

Curie

She's delighted. Not just about being pregnant with Sole's baby but being pregnant in itself. She'll be able to experience becoming a mother first hand, monitor and write about her own pregnancy. She never thought this could even be possible at all, considering. On top of that she'd be bringing a new life into this world. Magnifique! She instantly runs off to Sole with her -self constructed - pregnancy tests in hand to announce the great news.

Piper

Piper waits for a little while before she tells Sole. This baby was not at all planned but as soon as she was told, she loved the idea of becoming a mother. Especially with Sole by her side. Piper knew she could be a great mother, she proved that in pretty much raising Nat. She hasn't discussed children with Sole though, so she's concerned by what he might think. It's a hard world out there to raise a baby on her own. She tests the water, tries to figure out the right moment to tell him what's going on. She no longer drinks a drop of alcohol, tries to steer clear from any dangerous missions and seems a bit moody sometimes. This wasn't Sole's first baby... "Piper... are you..." Oh no, Sole wouldn't steal her thunder. "We're pregnant!'

Cait

even as a former underground fighter, this was the first time she was genuinely terrified of anything since she got away from the slavers. When you've had to deal with a lot of crap you learn to get better at dealing with it. But this... she never had decent parents, how could she possibly know how to raise a baby? At least there was that; she would never be as bad at being a parent as them. But what if she couldn't love this child because it reminded her of her own youth? She told Sole straight away. She needed his advice and belief in her, especially now.

Desdemona

Desdemona initially wasn't sure how to feel about this. In one way she used to want children when she was young, but that was before she had seen the horrors in the world. Before she saw how syths got used and abused. But that's when she remembered that she was building a better one, and that Sole was helping her achieve that. That her child would never treat anyone like that, and that he or she could even take over the railroad from her and Sole eventually. If he or she wanted to anyway. Desdemona made up her own mind about whether or not she wanted this before she told Sole. She wanted this to be her decision first and foremost, and prepared herself for a possibly not-so-pleased Sole. After a few days, Sole returned to headquarters and she told him, in front of everyone else present. These people fought together, risked their lives for each other, she might as well give them the heads-up too. Everyone was holding their breath for Sole's reply.

Glory

Damn. She didn't even know she could get a baby as a synth, but hey turns out that she could. For a second she wondered if the institute had wanted them to have babies and turn them into slaves too. But she wasn't with them, she was in a better place than that. Maybe she should get some tips on how to raise a kid though. Hell, she hadn't even been raised herself... how was she going to do this? She immediately walked up to Sole and told him. (if she keeps it:) She'd figure out what to do next alongside him. She hated that she wouldn't be able to go on missions with them but figured Deacon was warned enough. She had told him twice now that if he got Sole killed that she would personally kill Deacon in return.