#47

sole deciding to raise / raising a newly hatched deathclaw

+ desdemona, ingram, maxson, & glory

- dogmeat & strong

Danse

Danse is initially very sceptic and convinced it is a horrible idea. "It won't hurt us Danse." "You hope." No matter how much he tried to tell Sole it was a bad idea, nothing seemed to work. Nevertheless, he starts to care for the little mongrel and ends up training it alongside Sole. Dase feels like he is working towards a goal, which includes protecting Sole and the commonwealth on one hand and just getting his mind off of everything that happened until the hurt set in his chest would finally lessen. Sole likes to watch Danse trying to train it, but wishes that that would be possible without having them around all the time. Eventually, he trains it to also listen to his instructions. First only when wearing power armour, once it was properly trained also without. It doesn't take long until both he and Sole have a lethal pet by their side.

Hancock

Starts to wonder if the jet is getting to Sole's head, after all. 'Look, as long as it knows I'm not beef jerky, we're good." Once the creature started walking and thus following Sole everywhere, he is just highly amused at the whole situation. Especially when Sole tries to keep it at the settlement to keep it from getting hurt, but it still follows them around everywhere. "Well, in its defence, I'd follow that ass everywhere too." When Sols yelled 'It's not funny!' he just kept laughing but said "No. I know, I know." He is the one who suggests to SOle that they should name it at some point.

Maxson

Maxson tries to make sense of such a ludacrous decision. Why would anyone attempt to raise one of these dangers on two legs. Then he got it "Ah-ah. That's bait." Sole frowned. "What are you talking about?" "Well when you can instruct it, it can lure out raiders and synths so we get a tactical advantage. Good thinking, Sentinel. We'll lock it up in a cage until it proves useful." Sole got angry and told Maxson there was no way they'd be using it to serve that purpose.

Nick Valentine

Sole looked up at Nick, hoping that they wouldn't have to explain why they wanted to save an unborn deathclaw. " Well, that seems like the right thing to do. Everyone deserves a fighting chance. And if anyone can raise a monster to be something better, it's you." Nick understood why this was important to Sole. Not only because they looked beyond the kind of creature they were dealing with; he got that Sole identified with the parents of the deathclaw. A nonsensical notion, but that didn't matter. He enjoyed watching Sole trying to take care of it as if it were some kind of puppy was quite endearing to him, too.

Deacon

"What, Dogmeat ain't good enough for you anymore? Poor pup." Sole shot him an angry glance. "This has nothing to do with Dogmeat. I want to save this deathclaw, we save Synths too don't we?" Deacon grinned "It's a good thing Dez didn't hear that." Sole squeezed their eyes shut and had a pained expression on their face in general. ' I didn't mean it like that." Deacon nodded and winked "I know. And hey if you want an unpredictable walking tank at your back, go for it. Why not. I like telling stories people think are a lie, that aren't. But don't complain to me when he 'accidentally' bit you." Sole shook their head. As soon as Deacon noticed the little deathclaw started following Sole around everywhere he couldn't stop laughing at first. "It's rad. Screw-up powers activate!' He held up his fist to fist-bump Sole, who also couldn't hide their amusement.