#9

first 'i love you' & who said it

- codsworth, dogmeat, strong, & x6-88

Cait
Emotions aren't Caits strong suit. She liked hugging, loved kisses and would kill for a night alone with sole, but as far as verbally expressing her compassion for sole the poor girl is like a deer in headlights. She wants to be able to say what she feels towards them, but her own pride and the simple fact this entire thing is completely new to her always makes her clam up. What if she made a fool of herself and made Sole think less of her? She couldn't have that, she couldn't risk that. But it still irritated her to no end that her own anxiety stopped her from doing the one thing she wanted the most in this shithole of a world they call home. Never in her life have her emotions held her back from anything, and for once she couldn't just beat up the problem and have it solve itself. Which is why instead of the punching bag, she turned to the drink.
Ham gives Sole a nod as they enter the Third Rail, seeing their eyes roll back for a moment before they trudged down to the bar. They scanned the crowd before finally setting their gaze on Cait, her head resting on one of the tables. "Yknow I think before long they're gonna name this table after you" Sole sighs out, tapping their head "C'mon, lets get you home"
It takes a while to get Cait to her feet, even longer to get her up the angled ground to exit the bar, from then on it still wasn't exactly smooth sailing; Sole being used as a support for all of Caits weight the entire time while they stumble through Goodneighbour. At least Cait didn't weigh that much.
After a long and treacherous journey up the stairs of the hotel Rexford, Cait slumps over onto the bed with a slurred groan.
"What am I gonna do with you?" Sole murmurs, pushing a few strands of hair from her face
Cait murmurs something inaudible as a response.
"What was that?" Sole chuckles,
"Yknow I fucken love ya" She grumbles drunkenly
Soles heart picks up, a goofy smile spread on their face while they lean down and kiss her forehead "I guess now I do"
"Damn rightcha do"

Curie
Being a synth gifted little Curie with so many new and exciting opportunities, and filled her mind with so much information to learn and archive. Things like breathing and needing to eat and sleep in order to survive was entirely new to her, not to mention finally being able to experience things like happiness!
She had only heard of love previously from her creator; Kenneth Collins, when she observed a very peculiar set of symptoms her archive had not been able to diagnose as he spoke about his previous life and family. Curious as always, she questioned Collins on what was happening to his body, and upon his explanation on 'love' Curie was absolutely flabbergasted on how emotions could impact the human body like that, to the point she doubted the validity and thought Collins wasn't telling the truth.
But now here she stands, next to the very person who rescued her from her solitary in Vault 81, feeling the exact same symptoms Collins described many years ago.
Rapid heartbeat, clammy hands, dilated pupils, and general anxiety. Was this love?
"Sole" She spoke tenderly, gaining the attention of them, as soon as their eyes met the symptoms only worsened.
"Everything alright Curie?"
"This relationship 'as allowed me to finally solve a great mystery with myself. I believe I am in love you"

Danse
Being exiled from the Brotherhood broke Danse in many ways. His entire life seemingly becoming absolutely pointless to him and his entire motivation to simply exist being exhausted. But having Sole by his side made him feel safe, secure, happy; after the confrontation with Maxson they're all he had and he wouldn't rather have anyone else by his side.
It wasn't long after he left that he and Sole had become a thing, which only expanded his admiration for them. There wouldn't be anyone else in the entire world who he would trust as much.
It was another day of patrol, Sole being on the lookout for some sort of special gun that may or may not exist. Leave it to Sole to listen to a random wastelander clearly on some mixture of chems.
"You realise the more times we spend looking for a possibly existing bit of metal is more time we could have been spending on something worthwhile" He mutters for the 7th time, not getting a response like the time before. He goes to speak up once more before Sole suddenly darts ahead, turning a corner and going out of view.
Immediately Danse follows, listening out and trying to figure out which way, they had gone, but eventually the footsteps of his comrade just disappeared.
"Sole" He calls out repeatedly, walking between the mazes of dilapidated buildings of the commonwealth. Gaining no response each time. As time passes so do his steps, his eyes scanning everything that moved and his teeth keeping a grip on his bottom lip. He continues calling out to Sole, the panic gradually setting in at the sheer magnitude of possible things that may have happened, the bad things overwhelming the good.
"Sole!" He yells out, his breathing becoming scarce as dead silence greets him, until after one cry out a call is returned.
"Danse! You alright?"
He turns around quick as a heartbeat to see Sole on the other end of the road, his body acting on its own and running towards them, jumping out of his power armour to wrap his arms around soles body, who is confused but nonetheless returns the hug though not as tight as Danse. "You good?"
"Yeah... Now I am" He replies hushed, rubbing their back "Don't wander off like that again okay? I can't risk losing you... I love you too much"
Taken aback but overwhelming happy at the confession, Sole replies "You have my word"
"Outstanding"