LXXIII

The trumpets blared and the drums sounded in the distance as the soldiers raised the flags of the Kou Empire, letting it blow proudly in the wind. A large, grand red carpet lined with gold and bearing the Kou Empire's insignia was spread out in front of the Imperial Palace and up the steps. Sovereigns and delegates from all different kingdoms and empires across the world had come in celebration of this event, each one hiding bitterness yet solemn happiness under their expressions. The snow pelted down from the sky and upon the ground and just in time, she appeared.

Riding in a grand, elaborate palanquin made of crimson and gold crafted by the most skilled artisans and blacksmiths, its golden accessories tinkled with each walk the eunuchs took as the red curtains billowed lightly in the wind. The maidservants walked behind the palanquin holding large crimson banners bearing the Kou Empire insignia and the foreign guests watched on as the palanquin slowly made its way down the carpet. Almost every single sovereign of their respective country had come and among them included Sinbad who was accompanied by a few of his Eight Generals, Scheherazade with Muu and a few of the Fanalis Corps, and the rulers of the Seven Seas Alliance.

Sinbad watched with a distant gaze as he watched the palanquin inch ever closer and part of him wanted to kidnap her right then and there but he found himself stuck to the ground; bound to his duties of King. The palanquin stopped upon reaching the edge of the stairs and a maid approached as they carefully escorted her out of the palanquin. Stepping out, all those present marveled at her beauty. With an exquisite and vivid crimson cape bearing a golden Phoenix, it billowed and trailed behind her as her imperial robes met with the carpet. She wore a black outer robe jacket with red and white inner layers as gold accentuated the colors and was used to stitch elaborate patterns and designs upon her imperial robes. Her imperial robe was made of the finest silk and with each flutter of the wind, one could see it shimmering and there was no doubt that it was made from the Heartfilia's pure silk. Her silky blonde hair was put up into an ornate style with a golden headdress situated upon her head. But, it wasn't just any headdress — it was the Phoenix headdress that only the reigning Empress was allowed to wear. With it was the Phoenix Hairpin that Kouka had gifted her and with a bold yet elegant, vivid red makeup, she was absolutely stunning. There was not a person present who didn't envy the Emperor of the Kou Empire.

Underneath her bangs, one could catch glimpse of the red, crimson flame that was drawn onto the center of her forehead. Instead of a flower, a flame was drawn there in representation of the Flame Emperor and there was only one meaning behind it: Lucy was his woman.

Her lashes gave way to those mesmerizing honey-brown orbs as the rukh fluttered around the area in a frenzy, circulating through the air as the two looked into each other's eyes. Folding her hands before her, the snow drifted across and mixed with the rukh as she slowly ascended the steps. The golden accessories dangled with each step and her long cape train flowed behind her as Kaede and Kuugen watched from the side with the Yellow Dragon and the Four Heavenly Beasts bearing witness to this marriage. Her gaze was before her and each step she took, she recounted the many memories she had with everyone and most importantly, him. Reaching the top, she stopped upon seeing a hand outstretched to her.

Lifting her head, she locked eyes with him. Those deep, crimson maroon eyes which gazed passionately at her as they flickered with nothing but affection caught her breath and she softened her gaze, unable to break away from those eyes which shone only for her. Reaching out a hesitant head, he clasped it.

He smiled fondly at her and pulled her into his embrace, holding her. "I've finally caught you, Lucy."

She widened her eyes before tears began welling up and with a hand at her waist, he wiped the tears from her eyes. Lowering her head as the two held each other's hand, he pressed his forehead against hers as the two chuckled.