LIV

"I-It's done! All one thousand crates of cures!" Yamraiha announced.

"Yeah!" the physicians and magicians all pumped their fists into the air and yelled, finally finished filling the quota.

The remaining days had steadily passed and by the end of the week, the set number of cures was ready to be shipped out across the world. Though it was created in Sindria, Sinbad willingly accepted for the Kingdom of Sindria to only bear the honor of being the place in which it was manufactured and all other credits would go to the Heartfilia Conglomerate. After all, he was not so petty as to argue over who deserved the credit when it was already plain as day. The only reason why they could gather the necessary people, procure the necessary ingredients, and manufacture the cure was because of her. If it weren't for her, they would've still been researching what exactly caused the outbreak of this plague and forget about finding a cure, they would simply be finding the best way to treat it.

"Should we start shipping them out?" Sinbad asked. "Since we finished testing it and all."

"Before that, let's give it to the people of Sindria and those in the Palace," she said. "After all, you've done a lot. Once again, thank you, Sinbad," she smiled, "for agreeing to all this."

He stared at her before giving a soft smile. "Anyone would've agreed under such circumstances."

"But still, you have our gratitude," she said. "Aside from the one thousand crates that are intended to be shipped out, I've also made some myself. Twenty crates, each with one thousand vials of the needed cure. That should be enough, I presume."

"When did you...?" Sinbad widened his eyes.

"It's a secret," she held a finger up to her lips and smiled.

His heart skipped a beat and seeing how she always managed to surprise him, he broke out into laughter. Lucy blinked her eyes in question, wondering what was so funny and reaching his hand out, he smiled.

"It was really fun cooperating with the Heartfilia Conglomerate," he said. "I hope that in the future, more opportunities will arise."

Lucy widened her eyes before reaching out and taking his hand. Clasping her hand in his, she smiled and lifted her face, looking him straight in those brilliant, amber eyes of his, her honey-brown eyes clear as they reflected him.

"Likewise," she clasped his hand.

Stepping back, Sinbad watched her, their eyes not leaving each other. Kaede walked to her side and narrowed his eyes at him as Kuugen stared at him. Despite the time they spent with him this past week, their view of him hadn't changed. After all, one's true nature couldn't change that easily and though he may not take action right now, the fact that he still desired her remained unchanged. Those amber eyes of his reflected no one but her and Kaede balled his hand into a fist.

"Until then," a golden magic circle opened up beneath Lucy's feet as she transported themselves, the many crates of cures stored well within the Celestial Archive, away from the Kingdom of Sindria.

"Yes," he smiled. "Until then, little princess."

She smiled and the rukh fluttered endlessly by, consuming them as they disappeared in the circle, leaving behind only a faint trace of magic. Even though they had gone, he still stood there. Lowering his eyes, he looked at the floor before giving a soft chuckle. Raising his hand, he gripped his chest as he felt his heart continue to pound. He gulped for from the moment she stepped into his field of vision, her eyes glimmering like the sunset, he could no longer erase her from his mind.

"Sin?" Ja'far looked at him.

"It's nothing," he gave a helpless smile, his hand falling back down to his side as he turned to his trusted aide. "Let's distribute these cures."