CXCI

Hooves clopped against the even stone ground as Maris and the other pegasi descended from above, having passed through Sindria's barrier and safely made it back without any problems. The leaves and branches of Yggdrasil rustled in the winter breeze as if welcoming their return and with it, the Generals and retainers gathered in the presence of their King and Queen.

"We welcome your return, King Sinbad! Queen Lucy!" the Generals knelt down on one knee and placed their arms out, their fists in their palms.

"We hope that your journey was without trouble and," they bowed low, unable to hide their happiness as the rukh fluttered happily around them, "we welcome you back, Lucy-sama!"

The carriage door opened and upon seeing who it was, Tomoyo, Wu Kong, and Kuugen gritted their teeth and clicked their tongue in annoyance while the Generals chuckled nervously, noting how the retainers' dislike for Sinbad was still the same as ever.

"It's been a while," Sinbad said, his voice loud and clear as it boomed with authority. "You've done well in my stead."

"We are undeserving of such praise."

Sinbad smiled. "The Great Priestess offered us some gifts so feel free to pick what you want. As for the rest, I'll give them to the other government officials as thanks for their hard work in my absence," he said. "Drakon, update me on all that has happened in my absence later."

"Yes, my King," Drakon bowed.

Nodding his head, he turned back to the carriage. Tomoyo, Wu Kong, and Kuugen raised their heads and raised a brow in confusion, wondering why he had reentered the carriage. But, they slowly widened their eyes as they saw him return once again. But this time, with Lucy in his arms. HIs long, purple hair that was tied in a ponytail flowed behind him with his royal purple winter cloak. His amber eyes gazed tenderly at the only girl who he called his wife and with both dressed and clothed in a royal attire of white, they were a sight to behold. Like a King and Queen from a fairytale, they could only watch in admiration, unable to take their eyes away from the ephemeral beauty before them as the rukh fluttered softly around the two.

Masrur and Kaede had already left the carriage with Hinahoho and Ja'far appearing right behind Sinbad. Opening up a magic circle with a snap of his finger, Kaede unloaded the many boxes of gifts that Scheherazade had prepared for Sindria. Though, the amount could hardly be compared to the amount that had been reserved specifically for Lucy.

"It was a rather tiring journey, after all," Sinbad remarked as he watched Lucy sleep soundly, her head resting against his chest.

Glancing up, he jerked up in surprise as a bead of sweat rolled down his face. Chuckling nervously to himself, he watched as Wu Kong and Kuugen glared menacingly at him while Tomoyo pouted as she stuck her arms out, clenching and unclenching her hands, threatening Sinbad to hand Lucy over to her.

Knowing best not to go against the retainers — especially when all four and Kuugen were present — and so, he reluctantly handed Lucy over to Tomoyo. Her face immediately lit up as Tomoyo held Lucy in her arms tenderly and firmly. To her, Lucy was as light as a feather and even if she wasn't a half-Fanalis, she was certain that she could still carry Lucy with ease given her petite and small frame. After all, anything that she ate tended to go immediately to her chest and hips, hence her hourglass figure. Holding her close, Tomoyo softened her eyes as she gazed at her mistress in longing and affection. Sinbad pursed his lips as he watched the affectionate gazes of the retainers, each one loving her just as much as he did. Had he not been the one to pursue, then surely she would've ended up with one of them...especially Masrur. He clenched his hands but calmed himself down for there was no point in thinking such thoughts.