CLXV

Once the first lantern had been released, the Autumn Festival Banquet had begun. Rulers and delegates of their respective countries entered the Banquet Palace where the Autumn Festival Banquet was annually held. Each one came with gifts prepared just as they always had each year, signaling their peaceful intentions and their will to continue maintaining their neutrality with the Empire. In return, the Kou Empire promised not to interfere and presented their own, equally luxurious and rare gifts. It was a mutually beneficial relationship that the smaller countries who were not in a particular alliance were grateful for. But, the same could not be said of the two countries that stood on equal footing with the Kou Empire.

"Announcing the Representative of the Reim Empire, the Captain of the Fanalis Corps, Muu Alexius!" the eunuch exclaimed.

Wearing a white toga lined with gold, his long crimson red hair indicative of his Fanalis race flowing behind him, his crimson eyes steadfast and clear. He walked in with his head held high for as the representative for Scheherazade and the Reim Empire, he could not allow his actions to hinder his Empire. The rest of the delegates and servants from the Reim Empire followed behind him carrying the gifts that had been prepared for the Kou Empire.

"Muu Alexius of the Reim Empire greets His Majesty the Emperor of the Kou Empire," Muu greeted him with unwavering eyes as he slightly lowered his head while the other delegates behind him gave a low bow.

Had Scheherazade been here, Kouen would've had to bow instead. But, since Muu was the representative, there was no need for him to and likewise, since Muu was Scheherazade's representative and the head delegate, there was no need to greet him in the manner of a lowly servant. After all, the one he served was Scheherazade, the Great Priestess of the Reim Empire and a person respected and revered by all those around the world. Though, she was no longer the most influential person in the world for as the years passed, Lucy's influence and power steadily grew and soon, overpowered hers; a feat that Scheherazade could only be proud of after seeing the little girl who had lost everything slowly grow up to become a blooming, majestic lily that no one was able to look away from.

"On behalf of the Great Priestess, Scheherazade-sama, we offer our greetings."

Kouen sat there upon his Yellow Dragon throne with a poised, authoritative manner befitting of his title as the Flame Emperor. His face was as stoic as always but one look at his cold, emotionless crimson maroon eyes was enough to send shivers down their spines. Even the air around him was cold and dark that no one dared to approach him. Muu remained nonchalant, thinking how the only reason why he was able to sit upon that throne and continue sitting on it was because of Lucy. Having played with her feelings and used her, he threw her away like that of a rag doll. He truly was fit to be the Emperor of the Kou Empire for how could he ever sit upon that throne if he was not a bloodthirsty and cruel tyrant?

"Do extend my greetings towards the Great Priestess of the Reim Empire," Kouen gave a curt nod of his head, showing respect towards her. "Since she has presented us with such rare and beneficial materials, it is only proper that we do the same."

The eunuchs came forth with equally large boxes, each box carrying luxuries that even a noble could only dream of. Opening the lid revealed beautiful rolls of silk, countless ornate pieces of jewelry that were crafted with the greatest craftsmanship, precious gems, and many other products unique to the Kou Empire. The delegates marveled at the gifts for no matter how many years went by, the gifts given by the Kou Empire were always grand and gorgeous. Hence, they were always well-received.

"We will also send flower trees to the Reim Empire along with our Empire's unique dried fruits," Kouen said.

"On behalf of the Great Priestess, we of the Reim Empire extend our gratitude," Muu bowed.