CXCII

After the long, dreary winter months where much of the time was spent indoors, spring soon arrived. The pure white snow which had blanketed the kingdom slowly melted away, giving way to the rising buds of the many flowers and greens that Sindria was known to be picturesque for. Even Yggdrasil was beginning to sprout its buds as the leaves of the tree grew even fuller than before. Being a divine tree that fed off the magoi around it, the peace and protection that it gave off filled the hearts of the people as they prepared for yet another bountiful, prosperous year. But, even then, it could not stop the faint negativity which ate at the corners of their heart on behalf of their Queen. For spring meant the approaching of summer and the arrival of the Royal Concubine.

The cool, spring breeze gave a gentle billow, the curtains which hung from the gazebo of the Royal Garden giving way to the person who sat inside. Gazing out into the garden, she smiled softly in peace and content.

"Isn't it such beautiful weather today?" she asked, closing her eyes as she caressed her stomach which had grown considerably larger over the winter months. "My baby?"

As if to answer her question, she felt a slight kick, surprising her. Masrur, who stood by her side, jolted upright but, not knowing what to do, he stood awkwardly. But, seeing Lucy chuckle, he relaxed his tense shoulders and returned back to standing by her side. She had become used to the slight kicks from time to time but, even though she put up a fine facade, he could tell that it must hurt quite a considerable amount.

Even though they're normally not supposed to cause this much pain, according to Kaede, he thought with a worried glance. Is it because of her weak constitution? Not to mention, he narrowed his eyes, her belly is much larger than what a six-month pregnancy should look like.

But, since she seemed happy, he, too, erased his worries as he smiled contently on.

"Here," he reached down, placing a light blanket over her lap. "It must be getting cold."

"Thank you, Masrur," she perked up at the coziness of the blanket, thanking him.

He smiled and straightened himself as he gazed pleasantly at the garden. Though there were nothing but buds, it gave off a soothing, refreshing feel; a feeling that he quite liked for it reminded him of the forest where he would occasionally take a nap. Seeing him take interest in the garden and knowing how much he liked being surrounded by lush greens, she smiled fondly. Leaning back in her seat, she sipped the warm green tea which Tomoyo had brewed for her in satisfaction. With a white shoulderless gown with puffy short sleeves and a slightly frilled neckline, the only accessory was the royal purple peony with gold teardrop gems hanging from it that was situated at the center of her chest, pinning together the purple sash lined with gold which wrapped around her before hanging down in two columns in front of her, the ends bearing a golden, eight-pointed star. Her hair was tied into two low pigtails behind her with lilies and wings sporting from it pinned on both sides. A large, circular golden band with amethyst jewels hanging from it hovered around her head as a transparent white cloth hung from it. It draped down to the ground, covering her silhouette from view. The large golden band was an accessory that Kaede and Tomoyo had made after implementing Yamraiha's magic research as she, too, had wanted to try to create something for Lucy.

Needless to say, Lucy loved it and the others were quite satisfied with it for they could use it for whenever she went out and for formal events, too, in place of a veil which clung unnecessarily to her body.

"I hope they're born safely and soundly," she caressed her stomach, the jewels which hung from the band tinkling softly in the wind.

Masrur softened his eyes and placed a hand on her shoulder. "They will."