CLXXIV

A week had passed since that day and one the day that they had returned to Sindria, nobody noticed anything amiss. Sinbad was the same loving fool he was for Lucy where the latter chuckled to his antics, Masrur staying by her side with a nonchalant face. But, behind those natural expressions, they knew that their relationship would never be the same again. The three of them had talked amongst themselves about how their relationship would continue and decided it best for them to carry on as they usually did. Though, just as much as Sinbad and Lucy's bond had grown stronger, the affections between Masrur and Lucy which would have remained hidden grew as well with the former becoming more instinctively protective over her. Sinbad could see how close the two had become and he knew that had he not listened to his desires and sinister intentions, their relationship would've never crossed to this point. But, this was the price they had paid and the price that Sinbad was willing to pay to keep her chained to his side.

What had been done was done and lingering over it would simply prove meaningless. Rather than mulling over the past, it was best to look forward to what they had right now. Especially now that Lucy had cut off all ties with Kouen — a fact that Sinbad had come to know when Lucy told him what had actually happened that day between the two of them after he regained his senses.

There was no doubt that he had despaired that all of it had been simply a misunderstanding that he created in his own mind but, Lucy simply embraced him, knowing that sooner or later, his thoughts would've consumed him. After all, she had hurt him far too much. Rather than watching him completely break, she'd rather wish for him to act on his intentions now. She wanted him to sleep peacefully without always having the fear of her leaving at the back of his mind. She wanted him to finally sigh a relief, knowing that she wouldn't leave him.

She didn't want him to be hurt. She didn't want to be the one who caused him nothing but endless anguish and pain.

"Don't worry," she patted his head as he laid on her lap, her long, silky golden strands covering her bare breasts as it flowed out behind her and over the sheets, tangling with Sinbad's long, silky purple strands. "I won't ever leave you, Sinbad."

She spoke his name lovingly with affection, her voice soft and gentle as her touch radiated with warmth. Sinbad slept peacefully and Lucy smiled, bending down to kiss him softly on the cheek. The two laid there on the bed with nothing but a sheet over them as the sunlight streamed in through the stainless glass windows of the Soleil Palace. Pulling the curtains of the bed slightly over, she blocked the rays from shining upon Sinbad's face and waking him up. Turning her head, she gazed out the window, the last of the birds flying away as they migrated towards warmer weather as Sindria prepared to welcome its first winter with their Queen.

"Mnnn," Sinbad mumbled.

Lucy gazed down at him, watching him curl up into a ball and pulling over the sheets over him while making sure that he didn't pull any away from Lucy. But, as he looked up at her through hazy eyes, he was welcomed by her large, soft chest and he quickly widened his eyes as he stared at them, his cheeks flushing a beet red. He quickly calmed himself down, preventing himself from a nosebleed and urging his lower half to go down, knowing that Lucy needed rest after having gone at it for the whole night. However, upon noticing that she was barely covered with the only covering being his head on her lap, he quickly sat up. Taking the sheets, he quickly wrapped them around her, bundling her up to the point where she now looked like a silkworm. Pressing her down onto the bed, her head falling softly against the pillow, she blinked up at him as he gazed down at her with furrowed brows, his eyes filled with worry.

"The winters here are much colder than the Empire since we're surrounded by sea. The weather here in the capital may be better due to the expansion of land as a result of Yggdrasil but, nevertheless, make sure you bundle up and take care of yourself," he said.