CXXXVI

The news of Lucy accepting Sinbad's proposal spread through the Kingdom of Sindria like wildfire and by the next day, there was not a person in Sindria who didn't know of it. The people of Sindria were already beginning their own preparations for the day of the crowning, whether it be cleaning their houses, designing new clothing for the special occasion, or getting ready for the elaborate celebration that would follow it, everyone was abuzz. If the cities and towns — which were gained with the expansion of Sindria — were already bustling with excitement and activity, then, needless to say, the Royal Palace was the most hectic of it all. The officials were screaming about, making all the necessary arrangements. It was a chaotic and hectic mess but despite that, the officials were all wearing faces of elation and excitement. Particularly, the Eight Generals.

"Hehe. Hehehehe," Yamraiha smiled to herself as she swung her legs excitedly beneath the desk. "So Lucy-chan's becoming the Queen of Sindria. Finally, it's happening!" she stood up, dancing around her workspace. "Honestly, I was wondering that our idiot King won't be able to win her over but it seems like he's not as useless as I thought."

"Stop laughing so creepily," Sharrkan remarked with a creeped-out face. "It's disgusting."

Yamraiha paid no heed and continued grinning from ear-to-ear, her body turning jelly-like as she cupped her cheeks and blushed in anticipation of the wedding ceremony that would also act as their crowning ceremony. Thinking about how Lucy would look dressed in a white wedding dress and the royal attire reserved for only the Queen, she couldn't help but squeal in delight to the point where she began nosebleeding.

"Hey!" Sharrkan stood up in shock. "You're really being creepy now!"

"This much blood is nothing," Yamraiha smirked. "It's a cheap price to pay for fantasizing about Lucy-chan."

"I was a fool to worry about you," Sharrkan sat back down, helping himself to a cup of earl grey tea.

"Honestly, how are you not excited about it?" she pouted. "Lucy-chan's becoming our Queen! The Queen!"

Sharrkan smiled. "I'm excited."

"Liar," she said.

"How am I lying?" he turned to her, a look of death on his face. "Can't you see just how excited I am that I'm practically dying from it?"

Yamraiha shrieked in fear as she looked at Sharrkan. His skin was dry and dark circles had appeared under his eyes. His face was pale and he looked like a shriveled-up mandrake sitting there.

"What happened?!" she shook him, causing him to only become worse.

"I don't know how you guys are still full of energy despite the increased workload," he collapsed on the couch and onto Yamraiha's lap, caring little about this intimate position. "I'd rather do the paperwork than this."

"Sharrkan..." Yamraiha looked down at him before sulking. "Do you not like Lucy-chan?"

"No," he answered. "If she becomes the Queen, I'd be more than happy since I, too, think that it's better for her to stay here than return to that dreadful place. But, the one I don't like right now is that stupid King!" Sharrkan yelled, tick marks appearing all over his face as he recalled the assignment that Sinbad had given him. "This is the worst," he collapsed right back down.

Yamraiha chuckled. "What assignment could it be to get you this worked up?"

"Finding underwear."

Yamraiha smiled. "Sorry. It seems like my hearing's growing rather bad these days."

"Finding underwear," Sharrkan repeated.