XXVII

"Lucy-chan~!"

"Wahh!"

Lucy set the teacup down onto the cup plate with a clatter. Seeing that no tea spilled, they breathed a sigh of relief. Glancing towards her side with a bead of sweat rolling down her face, she gave a smile.

"Hakuei," she greeted.

"Mn!" Hakuei beamed, her arms wrapped around Lucy's shoulders. "It's been such a long while."

"But we were together just several hours ago at the crowning ceremony."

"Several hours is a long while," Hakuei nuzzled her cheek against Lucy's, breathing in the calming vanilla scent around her. "As I thought, being near Lucy-chan really calms me down."

Lucy blushed a bit upon hearing that. "Is that so?"

Hakuei noticed her reaction and grinned from ear to ear, her face beaming with delight. "Mn!"

Seeing her happy, Lucy smiled in turn as well. With her cheeks a rosy hue and her eyes a gauzed with a brilliant shine, her timid and shy nature instantly pierced their hearts as they all cuddled up around her. She was simply too adorable for them to ignore.

"Come to think of it, is Kouen and Koumei not here yet?" Lucy asked.

"They're probably still discussing something with Father Emperor," Kougyoku answered.

"It's highly possible," Kouha agreed.

"There's no need to care about those vile creatures," Hakuei quickly remarked. "Here, have some cake, Lucy-chan. Delicious, isn't it?"

Lucy chewed and nodded her head.

Hakuei smiled and they all looked at Hakuei and her amazing ability to say something so crude yet have it go unnoticed as if it was perfectly normal. They weren't sure where her personality came from but she was truly a frightening individual for, during these past three years, she had gotten even better at giving those apathetically, cruel smiles. No one dared to wrong her or her brother after knowing just what kind of person she was; since, she, too, held the blood of the Ren family.

Hakuei watched happily as Lucy continued to eat from the fork that was fed to her.

"Lucy-neesan, this strawberry from the fruit tart is also especially delicious. Please try some," Hakuryuu held out his fork.

Lucy ate from it and Hakuryuu smiled happily, his pale blue eyes brimming with happiness upon seeing her eat to her heart's content. Kouha and Kougyoku looked on with pure rage and jealousy for not only were they pushed to the side by their arrival but they were also the ones feeding Lucy and not them.

The only time those two siblings ever act all innocent is around Lucy-nee/nee-sama, the two stared daggers at them.

"What are you guys doing?"

Turning their heads, Kouha and Kougyoku brightened up as Hakuei and Hakuryuu wore looks of disgust.

"You guys...you're not planning on hiding your feelings at all, are you?" Koumei said, the corner of his mouth twitching.

The two paid no heed to him and a tick mark appeared on his head.

"I may not mind it but at least show some proper respect to Kouen-niisama!" he presented Kouen in a dramatic manner.

"Kouen-niisama, you came!" Kougyoku beamed.

"En-nii!" Kouha exclaimed.

The two clung onto him as he stood there with a stoic face and crossed arms. Hakuei and Hakuryuu stared at him and Kouen stared back before turning their heads away, ignoring each other for if they stared any longer, they swore they would get indigestion. Koumei heaved a sigh and deadpanned, knowing that this relationship between them was never going to change. Though, he was grateful that they at least properly showed their respect in public.