XXIX

The banquet had started as soon as the sun had set. Red satin billowed gently in the night breeze and lanterns lit up the Banquet Palace as hundreds of officials, sovereigns, and their delegate companions of foreign nations gathered, enjoying the western-style feast. Contrary to the Banquet Hall which was used to host palace events, the Banquet Palace was specifically used to entertain foreign delegates. With a building that was three times as large and as big as the Empress's Palace, it was a place that attracted many — especially during the night, it was a sight to behold.

"There sure are a lot of people here," Sinbad looked around as he held his glass.

"Well, considering how many sovereigns decided to come, it's only natural that they would be accompanied by their trusted aides," Ja'far remarked, taking a glass from the drink tray that the servants were carrying around. "Sin, remember what I told you before."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You're like a nagging mom to the point where you might one day surpass Rurumu," Sinbad laughed.

"It seems like today's the day you officially want to die," Ja'far smiled, a tick mark on his forehead.

"Please forgive me," Sinbad immediately bowed.

Ja'far sighed. "But I'm really not kidding around, Sinbad," he narrowed his eyes. "You know better than anyone else about your bad drinking habits and if you do happen to cause trouble because of it, no matter how many connections our Sindria Trading Company may have, it'll still be impossible to get out of the situation. Especially considering how we're in the Kou Empire's territory."

"I know," Sinbad gave a chuckle as he drank his glass before placing it down on the table. "When it comes to business, I definitely won't put my companions at risk."

"Sin..." Ja'far stared at him before glaring at him. "I would've actually believed you if you weren't continuously making passes at the passing women while you're talking to me."

"No need to be so rigid, Ja'far," Sinbad put an arm on his shoulder. "You gotta learn how to enjoy yourself. Just take a look at Masrur over there," he pointed to the buffet table where Masrur was currently gobbling up all the food, much to everyone's surprise, "I'd say he's quite enjoying himself."

"I shouldn't even be surprised," Ja'far shook his head. "At least he's exerting some self-control considering how he hasn't gotten his clothes dirty."

"Admirable, isn't he?"

Sinbad and Ja'far turned around to see Hinahoho and Rurumu along with their child, Kikiriku. Their other three kids had remained back at the Sindria Trading Company as it wasn't to bring too many to the banquet. Moreover, it was best to have those who had learned proper manners and had a good sense of not stirring trouble to attend.

"In comparison to Masrur, those two are just standing there like a stone," Hinahoho sweat-dropped.

They looked towards Mystras and Sharrkan who stood there to the side of the banquet, blown away by the grandness and luxuriousness of it all. Being from kingdoms that had little to no interaction with the outside world, it was expected for them to not have seen nor attended anything like this but the scale of it all was beyond belief. It was simply too much to take in and they wondered if people like them were even allowed to attend.

"Sharrkan."

Sharrkan snapped out of his daze and seeing who had called out to him, he widened his eyes and paled a bit. "B-Brother."

Standing before him was none other than the King of the Heliohapt Kingdom, Armakan Amun-Ra. He towered over his younger brother in an intimidating pose but he soon softened his expression and Sharrkan perked up a bit, his shoulders loosening in relief.