CXCIX

The weather had cleared up and with it, all the citizens of Sindria had come out as Sinbad announced the birth of the first Royal Heir from the balcony which overlooked the entirety of the Kingdom of Sindria. Hologram images broadcasting the announcement appeared throughout every corner of Sindria with the help of Yamraiha's magic as each citizen looked up in anticipation.

"Nine months ago, the Royal Family was blessed with a Royal Heir. Today, on this day of this month, Her Royal Majesty the Queen has safely given birth to a Royal Prince, Prince Sikandar!" Sinbad declared, naming the child the name that Lucy had thought of previously with him if the child were to be a boy.

As if nothing had happened, he wore the perfect face of a King, hiding his emotions. His throat clenched up and his chest heaved with frustration and grief, knowing that there was no one to blame but him. He should've known the depth of affection the two held for one another but, he was the one who had been too arrogant and had underestimated their love. He should've never acted like that to Lucy but at that moment, he was overcome and overwhelmed with jealousy. Even now, he couldn't help but clench his teeth and ball his hands into fists knowing that the two were together. Right now, he wanted nothing more than to return back to her side and apologize to her.

The citizens cheered, celebrating the birth of the first Royal Heir of their Kingdom, celebrations already going underway as barrels of beer were propped outside of the many pubs and inns. The Generals, too, congratulated Sinbad with tears with the exception of Ja'far who was unable to look his King in the eye after knowing what he had done to Lucy. His loyalty had wavered and his trust in Sinbad was beginning to falter. But, he chose to continue believing in him for he knew the great affection that Sinbad held for Lucy, hoping that he would no longer stray from the right path now that he had faced the consequences of his decision.

"Will you be returning back to Her Majesty's side?" Ja'far asked, following Sinbad back inside the Palace.

Sinbad lowered his gaze in self-contempt. "A given," he answered. "I have to apologize to her."

"Then shall I call Masrur back?"

His brow twitched. "Are the two of them still together."

"I...can't say for certain."

He gritted his teeth. He wanted to separate the two and call back his approval for allowing Lucy to spend six months with her child and for placing Masrur by her side as her guard. But, it was all too late, and doing so would only leave doubt on his authority as King.

"She can spend time with her child but the Royal Prince is also her child," Sinbad said, referring to his son not by his name but by his title.

"I'm sure Her Majesty is well a-" Ja'far defended Lucy but was silenced by Sinbad.

"Ja'far," Sinbad said, his voice cold and harsh. "It is clear where her affection lies. More than this child, she loves that child more."

A bead of sweat rolled down his face, hoping that Sinbad wouldn't try to do anything to Lucy. "They are both Her Majesty's children."

Sinbad laughed. "I am her husband yet, I don't even have her full heart."

Ja'far gazed at his King with hesitant emerald eyes.

"If I didn't separate her from that child, maybe she wouldn't be so attached to the other," Sinbad murmured, knowing how fond of children Lucy was and her strong desire to the notion of "family".

Sinbad walked on down the long corridor and made his way to Lucy's personal chamber which she had returned back to during the last month of her pregnancy. With a hesitant and apologetic gaze, Sinbad gulped, and seeing Sinbad ready, Ja'far knocked on the door.