XXXV

She had paid courtesy to the other countries and it was time to spend some time with those of the Reim Empire. The two walked out as Muu followed behind them. Noticing a few movements behind them, Muu stiffened.

"Those are my guards. There's no need to worry," Lucy said.

He calmed down and followed them. He had heard of the guards that protected the Heartfilia family and if it wasn't for the fact that he was a Fanalis and had experience on the battlefield, he wouldn't have noticed their presence at all.

"It's been a while since we were able to talk alone like this, hasn't it?" Scheherazade said, admiring the many flowers in the Imperial Garden.

"Yes. The last time I visited the Reim Empire was already three years ago," Lucy said.

She smiled. "The day when you were born, I still remember it like yesterday," she turned to Lucy with a proud smile. "To think that the infant I met yesterday would slowly grow up to become such a beautiful flower bud."

"You flatter me," Lucy chuckled.

Scheherazade smiled warmly. She hadn't changed at all despite being forced to grow up at an earlier age compared to her peers. She was still as lovely as she had remembered when she first saw her cradled in the arms of Layla.

"Regarding the strait that you told us to investigate, it has been done. As we have discussed, we'll start opening a trading route across it," Scheherazade said. "The terms and conditions, as well as the fees, will be set to what we had agreed to."

"I understand," Lucy smiled. "I didn't expect the Reim Empire to have finished investigating it so fast, though."

"The possibility of a new trading route is what the Reim Empire has been looking for all along as it will bring even more culture and technology to our people. Moreover, how can we possibly ignore a request from our Lucy?" she pointed out.

Lucy blushed a bit. "Thank you."

An arrow pierced her heart as Scheherazade smiled happily to herself, the rukh fluttering around her, wondering just how much cuter she could get. Muu glanced at his mistress who fawned over Lucy, the adoration clear on her face. He could understand why she adored her so since he, too, viewed her as a loveable child but he couldn't help but think her infatuation with her was overbearing.

Though I suppose it's not as bad as the Ren family's, he remarked as he thought back to the luncheon they just had.

Looking at Lucy, she really was cute. With a petite build, skin as white as porcelain, and large brown eyes, she looked every bit like a doll. But, what finished it all was her personality. She may have been born into a wealthy and powerful family but she wasn't spoiled nor arrogant like the many young daughters of noble families he had met. She had a heart of gold and what's more, she always looked people in the eye no matter their status. She tended to her duties as a noble and as a member of the Imperial family but during the times when she could leave the Palace, she always walked through the streets of the empire, interacting with the citizens. It was no wonder the citizens of the Kou Empire loved the Heartfilia family.

That Koutoku is really calculative. He knew how much the citizens love Lucy and so placed her into the Imperial family to further boost their status and put to rest any rebellious intentions, Scheherazade's eyes darkened. If it were not the will of Lucy as well, we would've brought Lucy to the Reim Empire with us and away from him.

"Scheherazade-sama?" Lucy tilted her head.

Perking up, she smiled and shook her head slightly. "It's nothing."