XLVIII

Two months had passed since then and rather than taking a ship back to the Kou Empire, Lucy decided to travel directly towards Sindria without returning back. Now, sitting in the Celestial Archive to prolong the dwindling days of her vacation, she stared up at the starry sky that was painted above, admiring the magic of the Celestial Archive.

She sat there, her long blonde hair flowing behind her and her brown eyes reflecting the stars above. Wearing a navy blue, shoulderless dress with a greyish-white gradient patterned with white crowns and stars, it sprawled out around her, the golden six-pointed stars dangling from the golden lined hems. A white ribbon was wrapped around her waist and tied at the front with a golden, circular crest hanging from the navy blue, lace lined collar. With loose, puffed up sleeves at the end, she wore a pair of golden, star-patterned bracelets that dangled from her wrist. With white lace socks, she wore a pair of navy blue round-headed heels with a golden button accenting it.

Plopping against the numerous stuffed animals and pillows with Kuugen — who had managed to break through the second, third, and fourth seal within the two months — next to her, she held the stuffed bunny-like cat which Kaede had given her close to her body, the diamond heard tied at its neck reflecting the numerous stars above.

I'll definitely take you up there to see all the stars in the world!

A small smile perched upon her lips as she held the stuffed animal even tighter, her eyes aglow with affection as she remembered the words Koumei had spoken to her that day.

"I look forward to it," she closed her eyes.

"Look forward to what?"

Lucy opened her eyes as Kaede walked over to her, holding two cups in his hand. Handing her the cup of royal milk tea, he took a seat down next to her, laying his back against the cushions whilst drinking his cup of latte.

"It's nothing," Lucy smiled. "I was just remembering something from the past."

"You're only eight-years-old and yet, you're already talking like an elderly person," he noted.

She laughed. "Is it really like that?"

"It is," he chuckled and glanced at her. "The only times when you do act your age is when it concerns food."

Lucy pouted. "That's not true."

"It is."

"It's not."

"It is."

Lucy pursed her lips and plopped back down. "I don't just get excited over food. There are other things, too."

"Like?"

Lucy stared at him before holding the stuffed animal even closer. "Like when I'm with you or Sebas or Koumei and the others. Since," her cheeks flushed red, "it's fun."

Kaede widened his eyes as he quickly turned the other way, holding both of his hands over his face as he tried to hide his internal, dying squeal of happiness. She was freaking cute.

Calming his heart down but unable to wipe the elated smile off his face, he turned to her and patted her on the head. "The same goes for me. It doesn't matter when or where, being with you is always fun and interesting."

Lucy widened her eyes before smiling softly.

"So I'll be by your side for the next several years to come," he laid back and smiled. "Because there's never not an interesting moment when I'm with you."

Lucy chuckled as she slowly closed her eyes. "Really," she breathed, "being with Kaede is always so enjoyable."

Soon, she fell asleep and glancing at her, Kaede smiled as he, too, closed his eyes. The three of them slept there underneath the sky of stars reflected above surrounded by the faint flutter of rukh which stayed silently by their side.