Takes 2 to Tango- Memories

Chapter 33

The funeral was probably the hardest part of my life. Not many people were there but that didn't matter. Her family were there. Us. We all gave a speech, even Seb. I had no idea that the day he broke his arm he payed a visit to her room. I knew that my role was to keep Adam happy and support him through everything which I did.

"Hey, we should collect her belongings." I touched his shoulder .

It was a week after the funeral. Adam kept alot to himself most times but I understood that. We were in out room, Adam was having breakfast. I don't remember the last time I saw him drink of eat.

"Yeah, we'll go now." He stood up.

It was hard communicating with him because he wouldn't always answer me but I know it takes alot of time to stop grieving. I've been through it. I'm going through it again.

When we got there, the nurse had already collected her belongings and put it in a white bag.

When we came back, Adam grabbed the white bag and went straight to the appartment. I decided it was best to leave him alone. He would want to be alone for a while.

I went to Scars room and she was helping Ryan with Science on the bed.

"Hey." Scar says, getting up to give me a hug.

"Hey." I take a deep breath.

"How is he?" She asks.

"He's getting through it." I told her.

"I know Adam, he will get through it. He's a strong guy." Ryan says, staring into the distance.

"Yeah."

*~*

At 6:00pm we decided to head to my room. Adam was sitting on the floor with colourful papers everywhere. Especially pink. Me, Scar abd Ryan sat down around the colourful papers. It was pictures of Milly's drawings. One in particular caught my eye. It was a picture of a little girl and a older boy and girl. Underneath it wrote, 'Adam, me and Flo= happy family'

A tear rolled down my eye. I quickly wiped it away.

"On her 6th birthday I bought her a diary, I didn't think she would write in it but she did." Adam says, a small smile appears on his face.

He hands me the pink diary with princesses on the front.

I begin to read the diary.

I hate Ellie! Why is she in my brothas lyf! My brotha deverse betta than her!

Today Uncal Ryan and anty Scar came! I was so happy. They got me lots and lots of sweetttyys. They are the bestest!

Today I met a girl. She is vewy pweety. Her name is Flo. She say she my brothas frend. I dont belive her! My brotha luks at her lyk a prince would luk at his pwinces! I lyk Flo vewy much.

Adam. I know you think that Im stoopid but im not. Wen i go to hevan with the fairies pleese dont cry or i will be vewy sad. I love you Adam.

By now my face was all wet from the tears and my nose was probably running but after reading all this made me realise that just because Milly's gone doesn't mean she's gone forever. She will always be in our hearts and these pictures and letters make me feel that to this day, she is still here with us and always will be.

Short, sweet chapter.

vote|follow|comment.

What do you think?

Thanks for reading.