Takes 2 to Tango- Saturday night

Chapter 19

It's been a week since the awkward 'make out sesh' with Adam. We haven't really spoke to each other which is strange. Good news is that I was period free. Wahoo! It was a saturday and Nate's hosting another party tonight at his.

"Nate's hosting a party." I said, trying to catch the skittle into my mouth by throwing it in the air.

"I can't come." Scar replied, straightening her hair.

We are currently in Scar's room.

"What, why not?!" I asked, chewing on a skittle.

"Date night."

Her and Cody have been dating for a while. She's happy therefore I'm happy for her but I'm not sure about this Cody guy. I guess I always hoped her and Ryan would be together but that will never happen.

"You can still go." Scar spun around in her chair facing me.

"But it's going to be boring without you." I whined.

She chuckled.

"Is this date night important?." I furrowed my eyebrows.

Scar shrugged.

"That's it." I grabbed her phone.

"Wait what are you going to do." Scar strode over to me.

I clicked onto Cody's name and called him.

"Hi cody, no it's not your baby it's Flo. Yes Scar's friend, that's me. Look I was wondering, instead of this date night, how about you and Scar come to a party tonight. Please? Scar won't come without you." I put a finger into my mouth because he said some soppy shit over the phone.

Scar glared at me.

"Great! Starts at nine, see you later."

I hung up and passed her the phone. "Omg, Flo! What did he say?"

"Doesn't matter, you're coming to the party and don't worry, lover boy is going to pick you up." I grinned.

"What about you? How are you getting there?"

"Ryan will drive me there."

"Oh." She responded.

*~*

I just got dressed into a short blue crop top with black high waisted jeans. I let my long,wavy thick hair down and I wore black boots. Adam entered the room while I was sitting in front of the mirror. Silence. No matter how much he annoys me, I hated this silence.

"Hows Milly?" I asked, looking at him through the mirror.

He looked at me stunned, like he didn't notice I was there.

"She's fine."

So that was it?

"She's been asking about you actually."

I felt a little guilty that I haven't gone to see her.

"Oh." That's all I could say.

Through the mirror I watched as Adam walked to his bed and sat there with his elbow resting on his knees. He was looking at the ground.

I turned around and walked up to him. Getting onto my knees, I grabbed his arm. He instantly looked up.

Wow it's been a week. I never noticed the dark circles forming around his eyes. He looked tired. Like all the energy has drained out of his system.

"Adam, how are you?" I looked at him worried.

"I'm fin-"

"No, don't tell me you're fine because I know you're lying."